"Off season" hobbys? What else do ya do?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Oldtimer

Reaction score
I snowmobile, addicted bad. I moderate on a sled site too. If you sled, check out " Hardcoresledder.com" sometime.

Rp42918.jpg

Attachments

• Rp42918.jpg
    Rp42918.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 91

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hi Oldtimer !
My other hobbies include Drag racing and Hunting & Fishing !
I have never been on a snow mobile ( not big enough snows here) ......But it looks like it could be fun !!!!
Here's a pic of my Race car about 10 years ago at Steele , Alabama .

Jh15793.jpg

Attachments

• Jh15793.jpg
    Jh15793.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 90

Pontiled

Reaction score
Well, I can't drag race anymore, but my brother and I used to drag race quite a lot. We stayed mostly with '55 through '57 Chevies and won quite a number of the races at Old Dominion Speedways in Manassas, Virginia. We won't even mention the "off track" activities[:D]! Of course, that was back in the early '60's.

Oldtimer

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: BRIAN S.

Hi Oldtimer !
My other hobbies include Drag racing and Hunting & Fishing !
I have never been on a snow mobile ( not big enough snows here) ......But it looks like it could be fun !!!!
Here's a pic of my Race car about 10 years ago at Steele , Alabama .

Jh15793.jpg

Brian, I LOVE the car !!!!! I have always wanted a '70 Torino 429 SCJ.

Here's my sled, nothing beats going 116 mph across the lake, then bustin' fresh powder.

Zx71075.jpg

Attachments

• Zx71075.jpg
    Zx71075.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 85

woody

Reaction score
I hunt, also.
Here's a picture of the buck I got last season.

http://www.metrocast.net/~rhythm/MVC-010S.JPG

I'm also a professional drummer in a 6 piece band.

batfish

Reaction score
I used to have lots of hobbies but now I have a 4 year old son and twin 18 month old daughters! Still, I occasionally get let out long enough to catch a fish or two.

I don't snowmoble, but as a hiker (one of those nuts who goes all year long), I appreciate you guys packing down the snow for me!

I confess to occasionally drag racing my minivan...

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hey Mike .....Do you ever miss the smell of the tire smoke ? I think Goodyear puts a drug in that smoke , as it is highly addictive ! [;)] I have raced against some Old Dominion Boys at Bristol a few years back. Tough racers !

Oldtimer....Great looking sled......And it sounds like it is as fast as the F-16 it looks like !!!!! The Torino was bought brand new in 1970 by my parents....and it has been in the family ever since. My Brother raced it for awhile and then passed it on to me. He got bitten by the Mopar bug and races a 500 C.I. Duster now !

Hey Woody.......Great looking Buck! When did you say I could come up there and hunt with you ???? LOL [:D]

Pontiled

Reaction score
Brian, you know how the smoke from tires stays with you and how the smell of fuel gets your blood pumped up. Those were the best days of my life (almost - I'm happily married since 1968). Maybe I'll go back and feel the "feel", smell that fuel, and have a grerat time rehashing the past! I went from race cars to LARGE planes (B-52's, etc.) in the Air Force. They went faster, but never felt like it!

Oldtimer

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Pontiled

I went from race cars to LARGE planes (B-52's, etc.) in the Air Force. They went faster, but never felt like it!

The trick (as I am sure you know! ) is to fly them really really low down, like 50 feet off the tree-tops. Then it feels like you are moving right along I bet!

Pontiled

Reaction score
OldTimer, so that's why it seemed only "real" when we were landing or taking off! Wow, what a rush!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp