Hi everyone!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Rrey199

Reaction score
I think I found my new home. Stumbled on the forum by accident. Serendipity abound.
Please allow me to jump right in.
I have found several sites, pulling stuff from each. One of the latest turned out to be a city dump from the '20's. I heard about it from a co-worker and ran to check it out. The site is 15 acres. There are areas where trees have uprooted and bottles are sticking out of the roots. It's amazing. There is a hospital 3 blocks away and there is garbage from there as well. Glass IV bottles, syringes and tons of vials. Also hundreds and hundreds of the aqua coke bottles. It's gonna take me years to cover this one.[:D] I'll post pictures soon.

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hi Rrey, welcome to the forum! Yes, this IS the place to be if you are a bottle nut[8D] My only advice regarding the site you're at is to wear some protective gear![:-] You don't want to get stuck by an old syringe[:eek:]. I gather as you said there's bottles from the 1920's that there isn't any 'recent' hospital disgards? Just be careful, we like to keep our forum members healthy![;)]

diginit

Reaction score
Norm.s absolutely right. Needles Will penetrate boots much easier than a nail. Sounds like an interesting place to dig though.Don't break or open any viles because hazardous waste is a relatively new term. A mask may be a good idea.Good luck,and be careful where you sit.

IRISH

Reaction score
Hi Rrey199, welcome to the bottle forum [:D] , we will look foward to seeing all your good finds from your new site [;)] .

Rrey199

Reaction score
Thanks for the words of concern. I spent my first career a a paramedic so I'm no stranger to the dangers. My first reaction when it occured to me that there was hospital waste was to move on. The size of the site and the sheer possibilities held me there. We have come across small amounts of metal and no needles. Partially full vials and bottles remain unopened and are "quarantined" to the discards area. We are presently making plans to make staging areas to sort and put bottles, including discard piles.

I think we will have to get down 6 to 8 feet before we get to the good stuff, but the excitement is building already. Here's one I found right on the top on the first day.

Eb86580.jpg

Attachments

• Eb86580.jpg
    Eb86580.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 103

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94