Cunningham & Co.?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

swizzle

Reaction score
Does anyone here have any info on Cunningham & Co. and pics of their bottles and flask...ect...? I found a double handled flask with what appears to be a large C next to the pontil mark. Does anyone here know the products and values of the products that Cunningham & Co. produced? Thanx in advance. Swizzle

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Check out the BLM site and go to the bottom of the Reference page. Bill has all kinds of stuff and did some collaboration work on Cunningham and another on Ihmsen. A lot of other great stuff is there.
Got pics?

swizzle

Reaction score
It took me a few minutes but I think I got it now. Thanx cowseatmaize. Swizzle

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
www.blm.gov/historic_bottles/index.htm

That C may not be Cunningham. They came to being as there own company in the late 1870's and propaply wouldn't have much in the way of pontil bottles. Even with Ihmsen it's cutting it close. If they made some speciatly ware (like 2 handle jugs) I suppose it's possile.

swizzle

Reaction score
I'm hoping to have a pic sent to me and maybe I can post it. I requested a pic of the base and the large C next to the pontil. Hopefully I will get it soon. The lip suggest a small mouthed vase as it's slightly flared out. The body though in my opinion suggest that its a flask. The double handles look tiny on this piece of glass and to me looks like they were made for a leather thong or rope to hang the flask. There is some stone and dirt in the glass too. I'm guessing at least 1870's and possibly older. Swizzle

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
They actually said a mark the resembles a large C. It may be nothing but I'm doubtful it has anything to do with Cunningham. The canteen idea may be close but I'd think it's just some more recent freeblown decoration or vase.
You can buy it and maybe get lucky and find it's Roman or something. The picture doesn't say 100 let alone 1000 words.

swizzle

Reaction score
Thanx cowseatmaize. I don't think I'm going to buy it. I really considered it but without a positive ID I didn't want to chance it. Swizzle

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora