New Orleans bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Relicsnstuff

Reaction score
Hello, I dig and collect New Orleans bottles, if you have any New Orleans
bottles for sale or trade just reply with what you have and I will get back to
you. Thanks Joe.

krisdean

Reaction score
I am from Covington and have just cleaned up about 100 bottles my dad has dug over the last 40 years. The problem is that most of them are from the New Orleans area and are difficult to find any information on. I am glad that I found you, maybe we can trade info or something. I am very new I must warn you. I have only gone through half of his collection so far. I did find an E.A. Zatarains bottle for PA-POOSE root beer extract and was able to find some info on it. It is just so time consuming!

Relicsnstuff

Reaction score
Hello;

I have been real busy so I have not checked the posts for a while, but if you email me a list of what you have I can tell you about the type, and age of the bottles you have.

vlro

Reaction score
Relicsnstuff, somebody told me that you might could help me figure this out.

My husband works for a major bridge and road construction company in New Orleans. About 3 years ago he was in a downtown area and they were digging things up with a backhoe in an old canal that was used as a dump on Claiborne. He told me that they were unearthing many bottles. I told him to bring them home. I must have about 50-60 bottles = from very small to about 8 inches high. In all shapes and sizes. I don't have a clue what these bottles are all about. I don't even know if it is worth the time to clean them. Any thoughts anyone?

Relicsnstuff

Reaction score
Hello,
Sorry work has been my second home, if you e-mail me or post some pics or names on the embossing I can let you know what you have.

Relicsnstuff

vlro

Reaction score
Thanks for the offer to look at this stuff. I am attaching a picture of all I have. Don't have a clue.

Ki19999.jpg

Relicsnstuff

Reaction score
Hello Vlro,

It looks like your bottles and jugs are around the 1890-1910 period. There is a mix of different types also. Its would be hard to put a dollar value without getting to see them better or knowing whats embossed on some of them. They are collectors who will buy New Orleans bottles and jugs including myself. If you would like to email me I can give
you my number and we can go through what you have to give you a better feel of what you have.

Relicsnstuff

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac