e-bay - paypal scam

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hi all, this one is unbelievable! I received an e-mail from ....this morning asking if I would share my verified paypal account so they could make transactions in the US from Italy.[>:] They stated they were unable to set up a verified account and that they sell electronics, digital cameras etc., and if I / anyone was willing to accept payments into my paypal account on their behalf, then forward the $ from my verified (read BANK) account they would reward me with 8% of every sale.[8D] Wow! what an enducement! For the promise of 8% commissions, I only have to give them the necessary information to clean out my bank account[:mad:] I reported this back to paypal, I just hope some unsuspecting soul doesn't get taken in by this!

Carmo

Reaction score
This is outrageous, how did they get your details? It must have been from PayPal?
Carmo

GlassWorx

Reaction score
This one's too funny there fellow Mainiac. I love the emails in which the syntax is all wrong and it's obviously some dirtbag doing it. Sure these are dangerous people, who don't even have the nuts to make their money in the light of day. Bring it on, this is one ex-marine officer who doesn't sweat the "little" things. Godless heathens need to be dealt with, someone should tell that to the hippies running congress right now.
Rob Mooers, GlassWorx - Sanford, Maine

Maine woods Digger 2

Reaction score
All or just about everyone is out to get you now a days. It makes me rather sick[:'(] always stealing back stabing ECT.. be careful everyone[&:]

~kevin~

WhiteLighting

Reaction score
belive it or not,this scam is an oldie but still catchs afew fish,....
Im getting very very sick of ebay due to thier fee's alone,and having paypal is very risky,with all the technology in the computer world today and the amount of revenue that ebay makes they should beable to come up with a non-flawed way of money transactions so you dont get scre#ed....
another thing is with coins!,not only will people try to buy the coin outright or email you via the ebay message system and tell you that its this grade and not what you have stated just to get the coin for a cheap price...
a well known and iffy board is "Coll uni- i cant say the full name of the site due to possible scamers,but the few out there who know what site im talking about is",seriously watch out!,those jerks are just that "JERKS",they gang up on you if you have a question and act like total school kids about thier collectables,also alot of scammers on there to!...
but thought id throw my thoughts on this subject since alot of us are very very sick and tired of worrying if were gonna get ripped or are idenitys taken....
good subject!......

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi