Minerva Bitters

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

oz-riley

Reaction score
Hi all,
I found an interesting bottle that I have not seen before, it is a Minerva Bitters, it has this embossed on three sides of the bottle, a hand tooled lip and a small kick up in the base (no pontil scar). I would say it dates around the 1880/90's period but this is just a guess.
Can anyone tell me if this bottle is listed in the Ring & Ham Bitters book? there are no other markings on this bottle and I don't know if it is Australian or from over seas.

Thanks
Chris

Sq46487.jpg

Attachments

• Sq46487.jpg
    Sq46487.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 82

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hi Chris ,
Nice Square ! It is unlisted in Ring & Ham's as of now .....I will contact Bill Ham and see if he has added this mold to his addenda .
Did Aussie companies make many Amber squares for their Bitters ? I'm kind of leaning towards it being American . Do you have a few more pics of the lip and base . Thanks , Brian

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hi again Chris,
Here's what Bill had to say about your bottle......... Brian
I have no information on the MINERVA BITTERS, and it is not listed in the supplement. Do you have size measurements on it? and, is there any more embossing on other panels?
Bill Ham
Chris if you would please supply the following info ( any other embossing , Size ,Overall height, across base , and height from base to where the base of the neck starts on the top of the shoulders. )if you get time and I will pass the info on to Bill.
Thanks , Brian
P.S. I would be interested in purchasing it if it is to be sold. Please keep me in mind !SOLD !

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marenjch