Ezra Brooks w/ cork...worth ebaying?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

undercovercajun

Reaction score
This bottle has "fill lines" on 3 sides, 4/5 QUART on outer bottom(all 4 sides), BOTTOM: 1 and undistiguishable mark(may be 33 in a circle), CIN with BD21 underneath, 69-67

I didn't dare attempt to remove cork to clean inside of bottle!

TIA!

Bz78157.jpg

Attachments

• Bz78157.jpg
    Bz78157.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 282

luvtodig

Reaction score
Hi[:)] This is a whiskey bottle, Ezra Brooks is well know for their made to be collectable figural decanters..they made them in the 60's and 70's..I did a quick scan of ebay and that is all I found there, as well as my Kovels book..again there were no bottles like yours, just the decanters..sorry not much help with yours, but some info..hope it helps you![:D]

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
RE: Ezra Brooks cork...worth keeping?

I didn't dare attempt to remove cork to clean inside of bottle!

Why is that, UCC?

Assuming the cork is simply a cork, no marking or glass core, why wouldn't you pull the cork with a corkscrew, throw it away, and wash out the bottle?

That's what I'd do. I do that with the earliest bottles in my collection -- I like to get rid of that nasty little pellet of cork in the bottom of a Dutch onion bottle! Just pitch it out!

Have I been making a mistake? Do other collectors prefer to save a nondescript cork? Does a bottle have more "collectibility" with a cork in place and dregs on the bottom?!

What do other long-time collectors do with corks that show up from time to time?

-----------------Harry Pristis

luvtodig

Reaction score
I have never taken out a cork...to me it is like a part of the bottle..like the original lid..but that is just me..will be intresting to see what other collectors think[:D]

undercovercajun

Reaction score
TY Lovetodig. I, too have had no luck in hunting down this bottle.

Harry, I assumed (LOL, and very possibly incorrectly) that is was best to leave the bottles in their "original state" as much as possible.

I have had the bottles I am posting about today, since the '70's...LOL, figured it was time to find something out about them.

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hi Harry, I agree with you (imagine that![;)]), does the presence or absence of a cork effect the value of a bottle? As many 'early' bottles were used over and over again, what are the chances that the cork is original to the bottle anyway. Other 'stoppers' are definately keepers, ground glass, bail and ceramic etc., but a cork? [8D]I believe it is just a matter of personal preference.[:)]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis