CONFESSIONS OF A COLLECTOR

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lock_doc

Reaction score
Do you remember which item it was, when you crossed paths, your life would never be the same again? You were hooked? I do, a tiny creek behind my house, just goofing off with the kids, I stepped on it. It was a clear bottle, the 6 /12 oz cola size bottle. The embossing(raised letters?) on it is SODA WATER, a star, Coca Cola Bottling Works if I'm remembering correctly. The seam line stops just above the "shoulder" and there are crude lines vertically where the neck/top was applied. My best guess is it was probably made between 1870 & 1902. Then there were other small incidents..... Planting morning glory seeds "scratch the surface dirt" and up comes several small medicinal type bottles........Son's baseball game, sitting in the grass by a tree, there was another small medicinal bottle. I got up started looking around there was broken glass EVERYWHERE. I can't tell you how many bottles and other stuff I have found there. Every time we get a gully washer of a rain, I run out there to see what's been washed up. Just last month I found a mint condition Milk of Magnesia 1906 bottle less than 3-4 feet where I planted the morning glories.

How 'bout you? What did you in?

I will get a photo of the bottle and post. In the meantime, you may see some of my bottles at http://mysite.verizon.net/resthd4r/.

Thank you,

Linda H

lock_doc

Reaction score
The majority of these are the ones that came from my back yard and the ball field.

Linda H

53FD8FA1652142D1AF599033340DA1C8.jpg

Attachments

• 53FD8FA1652142D1AF599033340DA1C8.jpg
    53FD8FA1652142D1AF599033340DA1C8.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 87

capsoda

Reaction score
It was when a dam broke after hurricane Camile. The bottom of the lake was full from shore to shore and at the back end where once stood Tylers mill, pontils every where. I was 13. I got what I could before they rebuilt the dam. and went swiming where the mill was the following Christmas.

richf

Reaction score
Hi Linda,
That find for me came way back, when I was 12 and found a Goff's Cough Syrup and a Kilmer's Swamp Root lying side by side along a tree line dividing two fields. Those were the days!
Rich

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown