A new site for learning about Ball jars!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

michael 1908

Reaction score
Hi Bob,

After you posted the link to this sie I just had to join. I wanted to thank you for your kind words about the new Ball community site, but seriously, do you think anyone believe you had little to do with its creation? You may not have manually typed in the header or forum information but it is because of YOU, and others like you that take the time to share what they know with complete strangers, that the new community exists! I hope it serves as an appropriate repository for your knowledge, research (and opinions;-).

Thank YOU for all you do for us... anyone can hand over $$$ to own a jar but your collection is much greater... you can share and give away your collection to others without ever parting with it. Now THAT is a collection worth pursuing.

Thanks again, and thanks to everyone for their kind words in regards to the new community.

Michael

bobclay

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Just a note to let you all know that we estimate that right now, 50% of the Redbook listings have companion pictures for their corresponding Redbook numbers.

We encourage people to look at the site, register and make a post in the SHOWROOM FLOOR to let us all know who you are. And if you have a jar that doesn't yet have a picture posted of it in the Redbook companion section, we need you to either post a pic of it or send it to one of us and we'll post it for you.

There is already a running ton of information about Ball jars on this site, but we'd sure like to see more people participating and posting pictures of their jars for all to see.

Thanks! [:)]

Bob

bobclay

Reaction score
Hi rondarhonda!

Welcome to the group! :D About the best thing you can do to determine value is to purchase the book, Redbook of Fruit Jars #9 by Doug Leybourne, Jr. The second best thing is to see what like jars sell for on ebay to determine valuation. Being that there ARE literally thousands of different jars, bear in mind that probably 90% of them are not worth a whole lot of money because so many were produced that still survive today. On the other hand, I can state that I've seen several jars sell on ebay for 5 figures!

Good luck!

Bob Clay

bobclay

Reaction score
Oh, and BTW, if it was directed at me, I don't really consider myself an "authority" by any means. [:D] I know a lot about Ball and their jars, but only a little about other jars. There are many others on this board that each have their own genre that they know a lot about. I know I am humbled by at LEAST two of the other folks here and what they know about 1858 type jars.

This site, as well as the Ball site, depends upon people to make it work. I am just glad that Roger (founder of this board) and other people at other sites, have made places available where we can all exchange ideas and knowledge so easily. We are learning about jars now at a pace which was unheard of 20 years ago simply because of the ease of global communications. And now that we can share our knowledge and pictures, we are discovering SO much more knowledge it is truly an exciting time for collectors. And I am glad to be a small part of it! [:)]

Bob

bobclay

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Just a shameless bump here to let you know the Ball site is slowly growing.

Right now, we are a little over 64% complete on having a picture for every Ball jar listed in the Redbook (even jars Ball made without the Ball name) thanks to several collectors. It takes a lot of time to take good photos of their jars and post them for all to see and learn from.

If you visit the site and like what you see, sign up and leave a comment on THE SHOW ROOM FLOOR. There are pictures of Ball jars to be seen there that many of us only dream about!

Happy collecting! [:)]

Bob

P.S. For those reading this for the first time, there is a link to the Ball site in the first message in this thread.

bobclay

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Just a bump to let you know that the Ball Collector's Community site is over 75% complete now. Actually closer to 80% of the goal of having a photo of each Ball listing in the Redbook.

We are learning more everyday it seems and seeing some jars we've never seen before.

If Ball jars are your thing, or even if you just want to learn more about them, stop by and introduce yourself in the Showroom Floor. All are welcome! [:D]

Ball Collectors Community Center

Bob Clay

bobclay

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

For all those interested in Ball jars and learning about them and the Company, please check out our site now.

http://balljarcollectorscommunitycenter.yuku.com/

We have revamped the site to contain a lot more information. And of course, the main focus or goal is to eventually have a photo of every Ball jar listed in the Redbook of Fruit Jars.

I encourage anyone interested in Ball jars to check out our site as without a doubt, it is the best and most comprehensive site dedicated to Ball and all of their products.

Bob Clay

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky