Latest Cobalt is a Killer...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bearswede

Reaction score
Hey Jim and you other poison gurus...

I just picked up this neat KR-3 from Welldigger and his wife... It has dots on the side panels... Are they just random mold markings, or are they something special? I have my musings; anyone else know or want to speculate?

Ron

E5DEC822F63E444399DCCF787BD09C2E.jpg

Attachments

• E5DEC822F63E444399DCCF787BD09C2E.jpg
    E5DEC822F63E444399DCCF787BD09C2E.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 68

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Braille? Great bottle wheather those dots are significant or not![:D]

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Ron...

I was going to say the same thing as Gunsmoke ...looks like braille. Could it spell poison?[8|]

One other thing Ron, how do you get such good pictures of your stuff? I'll have to come out to see you and get some lessons. Looks like I'm going to have a lot of time on my hands...[&o]

Wayne

bearswede

Reaction score
Great minds think alike... That's 3 of us anyway...ROR...

Hey, Wayne... Did you have your surgery yet? I think the first trick to photography is to get a decent camera... I researched online when I decided to go digital... And one website had a lot of info and some sample photos that convinced me the Optio by Pentax was a great little camera that could deliver quality close-ups, which is what I was looking for... I'm sure there are plenty others out there, but you need the info to separate the wheat from the chaff...

Ron

Jim

Reaction score
Hi Ron, That's a sweet little poison. The small side bumps are a normal feature of the KR-3. I would think that they were intended as an additional warning device for those who picked up the bottle in the dark. They are rather small, as most warning bumps/hobnails had considerable size. ~Jim

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu