Warning! Anyone bidding on this? It's a fraud

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
DeepBluedigger & Guntherhess

Hey Jerry & Matt...

This attempted theft via use of high dollar bottles on E-bay, happened to me as well, only I had the bottle and someone hijacked the photos and description and attempted to sell it to the second and third highest bidder!!![&o]

I had (and still do have in my physical possession) an extremly rare Stoddard bottle, vertically embossed Haydens, honey amber with a tint of yellow, open pontiled, wide flared, inward rolled lip, 1830ish. I wanted to sell on E-bay. I let my friend take photos of it and list it in his Ebay sales. I knew the bottle was a good one, so I put a high reserve on the bottle and the offers got up to a little over $4700.00[:eek:]

I did not sell the bottle, but several days later I got called from my friend informing me that the bottle had been offered to the second highest bidder and he had recieved an e-mail asking why the first bidder did not buy it!

Anyway, most of the high bidders were warned about this (that I know of) because we had the list of bidders. Now I guess we'll be unable to do this because of the new bidding format...[:(]

To make a long story short, I tried putting the bottle back up on E-bay and now everyone was afraid to bid on it because they thought they were being "scammed" again![:'(] The bottle is still up for sale, but I don't want to put it up on E-bay and it didn't get as high as I thought it would have in the BAM galleria auction. I still want to sell the bottle but now, it has a "Bad Reputation" . This E-bay scam has hurt all of us in a number of ways...[X(]

Live and learn...[&:]

Wayne

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown