New EBAY Scam ??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

towhead

Reaction score
Received an EBay EMail yesterday from someone stating " that is exactly what we need for our school, but we have limited funding, etc...please contact us immediately as your auction ends tomorrow...." Well, I had no auctions ending tomorrow AND, the Auction number did not exist....but it looked exactly like a normal question from a prospective bidder on EBay...???? Could not figure out what the deal was....?

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Matt...

Maybe this is a subject that should be addressed in a separate chapter in some of the bottle books...[8|] Or do you think it would just provide instructions to some others and they would attempt it themselves? Kind of like "Coppy Cat" thieves?[:-]

Just a thought.

Wayne

Tracy96

Reaction score
The sender wants you to click on the link provided. It will look like a standard ebay page. On this page you login. Suprise, now they have all the info they need to access your ebay account. Report and forward these emails at spoof@ebay.com . Only access ebay mail directly from ebay. NEVER click on a link to access mail!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Not something that could be covered well in a book since the dynamics are constantly changing. Best advise is to be skeptical of anything you see in email or on the web.

bikegoon

Reaction score
I keep getting one that says" Hey buddy pay up! or else I will BF you! And of course it takes me to his current stadium tickets sales page, and alas....eBay wont do a thing about it.....

towhead

Reaction score
Yeah, EBay does not seem to be incredibly responsive or responsible these days.

antiqueguy11

Reaction score
to be fair it seems like we are jumping to conclusions on this one. No real evidence. However I do hate ebay and agree that their customer service is terrible.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado