When Will eBay Wake UP !!!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

stinger haut

Reaction score
Ebays eyes are wide open, so long as a seller is making them money, that is the bottom line.
More over, when are the buyers going to open their eyes? Ebay can't exist if buyers don't buy from their auctions, then it wouldn't matter how many of these fake deck sweepers are put up for auction.
Stinger Haut

NYCFlasks

Reaction score
My car is older than that "navel boarding weapon".

antiqueguy11

Reaction score
ebay might be bad, but you have never had problems with the nations favorite ebay subsidiary - paypal. They really do only care about one thing, and they have so much power they have just forgot about their customers. I lost a lot of money through them

capsoda

Reaction score
Hello Dana and welcome to the forum. Several of our forum members have tried to get the guy yo stop through Ebay with no luck. They have also warned bidders about the fake boarding weapons. The guy is a fraud but you can't convince some folks that he is and they buy that crap any way.

Ebay is in it for the money and he makes plenty for them so they will continue to ignore the problem. You can warn un suspecting bidders but that will take up alot of time and some of the fake boarding weapons will still get sold.

Aperantly if you are a scumb bag Ebay is the place for a good scam.

Are you a collector?

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Unfortunatly 99.7% his buyers are happy. The last two negs had nothing to do with them. You can't arrest someone who's buyers are ok with the purchases. I'd love to see Maine Maritime catch the guy but he's not doing anything wrong. There's no way they're being pulled from the ocean floor in Maine. He's guilty of telling a yarn or fish tale but that's the best he can get nabbed for. The list are so bloated that no one probably sees a fine print note.
I'm not justifying anything but the FBI's inaction. They don't have much to prosecute based on .3% of complaints. He is small fish.
Now go ahead, make me feel like a fish out of water, a lobster in the pot, a urchin... no, I'll leave that one.

appliedlips

Reaction score
I agree with Eric.This guy is obviously a scumbag but that's it.Ebay does not back the validity of anyone's description and if his customers are happy,great.They are idiots with too much money anyhow.If you do not know what you are buying,shame one you.These are not good reproductions,and not even reproductions because they never existed.Education is the best defense of this kind of crap.Get the word out at bottle clubs,write the mags,and post on this forum but how could ebay police every fake item in every category of collectable?If people would use good common sense people like this would go away on there own.

bamascavenger

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to have the U.S.P.S. Fraud inspectors to investigate this moron for mail fraud? Surely there is some agency that would shut this down? Are we talking about....SIRMARKW?
MY 10 Cents worth.

JGUIS

Reaction score
Ebay makes money off of him, do you really think they care what kind of factual information you give them? They know that they are king hog as far as online auctions go, and if you don't like the way they do business, then you're expendable to them. They will only respond to racial or offensive items, unless you have a police report stating that an item on eBay is stolen. I'm not saying it's fair, or right, and I hate it too, but bitching isn't going to fix it, and neither are you. They want money, and they'll get it, one ripoff at a time.[:'(]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown