Lime-Cola Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

celerycola

Reaction score
I've seen several of those green Lime-Colas and owned a couple. I never saw one with a town on it but mine came from the Carolinas.

madman

Reaction score
hey morb i wish i was digging them all lol

B9D73BD6EBE445958A452185D2BBB1F0.jpg

Attachments

• B9D73BD6EBE445958A452185D2BBB1F0.jpg
    B9D73BD6EBE445958A452185D2BBB1F0.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 295

shunyadragon

Reaction score
Nice Lime Colas you have. Heres one from greenville,nc

DBE5E4F9CD6943B489606A96249AE5CA.jpg

My Lime-Cola bottle is like the one on the right, but very dark green in excellent condition. The only marking is LGW along the bottom edge. No markings on the bottom. The bottle was found in Alamance County East of Greensboro and Burlington.

I saw many different bottles in this thread. How do you date them and determine where they were made? I assume the embossed glass ones are the oldest.

bottle-o-pop

Reaction score
The only marking is LGW along the bottom edge.

I saw many different bottles in this thread. How do you date them and determine where they were made? I assume the embossed glass ones are the oldest.

The go-to site for deciphering glass manufacturer marks, for most date code information, and bottle manufacturing code (if any) information is the Glass Bottle Marks site.

If there's no manufacturing code, and it doesn't say on the bottle, and such a bottle could have been made at more than one site, then you cannot determine where a bottle was made unless there is some really unusual exception like an odd color of glass or something.

The 'date codes' on bottles don't always follow the format rules.

Often there are other codes such as G6880 or 3528E that are manufacturer's bottle-making mold numbers.

My opinion is that, for most bottle manufacturers, the 'date code' is not actually the year a particular bottle was made, but instead it's the year the bottle-making mold was made, or perhaps even more abstract than that, like when the physical design was made.

Soda bottle categories such as 'straight side', 'deco', or 'ACL' are in that order of date as a general rule, but there are LOTS of exceptions.

bottle-bud

Reaction score
Seems Lime Cola was bottled all over the country. Nice seeing all the different versions. Lime Cola was also bottled here in St. Louis, by the New Empire Bottling Co.P1010516.jpg

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp