BOOK SUGGESTIONS NEEDED

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CrewelaDeVil

Reaction score
I'm looking to enhance my bottle book library. I like lots of pictures, info on the bottle (different versions too), contents, companies and values would be nice. I have so far:
400 TRADEMARKS ON GLASS by Arthur G. Peterson,PHD
THE STANDARD OLD BOTTLE PRICE GUIDE by Carlo & Dorothy Sellari
19TH CENTURY MEDICINE IN GLASS by Bill & Betty Wilson
THE BOTTLE BOOK by Richard Fike
1200 OLD MEDICINE BOTTLES by Ed Bartholomew

I'd like them to focus on meds, flasks, bitters, veterinary & inks, but of course it's nice to have info on houshold bottles too (food, beauty, shoepolish etc)
Any recomendations you have will be helpful & appreciated. TIA
Pam

bottlenutboy

Reaction score
what about the "bottle pricing guide" by Hugh Cleveland i have it and it has quite a few pictures and has listings in almost every category of bottles its not a really big book and also it wont break the bank to buy it when i bought mine from "Books-A-Million" it costed me about $8

CrewelaDeVil

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions! Hey Matt-you saying YOUR books would be over my head????[;)] [sm=lol.gif]joking of course.....would like some more suggestions though. C'mon you guys, SPILL.....you must have some fav books full of info? Don't hold out on me
Thanks,
Pam

bottlenutboy

Reaction score
well i would have suggested "the coca cola bottle checklist" by william porter but it is for only embossed coca cola bottles and doesnt have pictures

also kovels their prices are a little high but they have lots of listings of both rare and commons and plenty from different categories they also have some pictures too

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Hey Matt-you saying YOUR books would be over my head????

I just have one medicine price guide. You said you like lots of pictures and it has very few.
Helen McKearin's American Bottles & Flasks is a must if you like flasks and early bottles. A copy isnt hard to find but prices vary a lot so dont pay too much.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum