What would be the 'holy grail' of bottle finds?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DOLANBADGER

Reaction score
I'm the new kid on the block,not sure if i'm doing this right.
The 'HOLY GRAIL' for me, emack stone ginger from N.B .

diggs

Reaction score
I agree with Harry it,s an abbreviation.Sounds like a name for a scary bug.lol

Byronincoos

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: AvoidingWork

Neat. Sounds like it is a subject thas crossed a few minds ....Speaking of incomplete bottles--is it ever worth it to keep broken bottles? I glued a few back together, but i'm running out of room in the window sills to display them. ---Also, i found a "wyeth & Bro Philada" the other day. I've seen this term before--what exactly was 'philada'?

In regards to broken bottles....I've been keeping shards of mostly 'embossed flat panels' from square or rectangular broken bottles for about 30 yrs. Why...? I always figured when I was to old to go digging anymore....I might arrange these broken pieces to make leaded glass window panes, with the embossed pieces in no particular arrangement other than colors and an over-all theme, like the shape of a bottle in the middle...and, using the abundant porcelain 'Boyd' inserts as corner or border designs....the 5-gallon buckets of these shards are still being added to. Guess I'm not that old yet.

oldshoe4u

Reaction score
Ya know, I've read this post about a thousand times and right now there is about three feet of snow on the ground outside and more falling. I'd probably settle for being able to dig a screw cap unembossed pickle jar right about now, but If I had my choice I'd like to find a nice Cobalt Master Ink as well, and to post in the amazing discoveries column a nisce double peacock ten gallon S. Hart Crock would be nice[:D]

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hey Ol' Shoe, do what I've been doing lately; I throw a few of the bottles I dug last SUMMER out into the snow bank, wait a day and then 'dig' them up. Just so I won't lose my touch![8D] It hasn't started snowing here yet, but we're expecting 8 - 12'', we've had 71'' in Portland to date.[:eek:]

oldshoe4u

Reaction score
That's hilarious Norm! We were just talking about hiding some bottles in the dirt pile in my friend's basement and 'digging' them out. Dirt pile is actually from all of the bottles we have cleaned there in totes full of water, silt left over after water is drained pile is about 3' high (his landlord will love it if he ever moves LOL) Too funny we just had this conversation last night! Were at 105" of snow to date and they're calling for 6-8" from midnight to AM drive and another 4-6" during the day tomorrow.[:mad:].

BOB

grdigger35

Reaction score
The Holy Grail would be a million dollars. Then I wouldn't have to dig anymore. I'd just buy the bottles I want.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac