What would be the 'holy grail' of bottle finds?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

deepwoods

Reaction score
Does it have to be an already known bottle? My personal"holy grail"would be a Dr.J.B Henions Cure for Malaria,a W.C Sweets King of Oils,or a cobalt ten-pin F.Gleasons MineralWater.All Rochester N.Y bottles.

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Well avoiding work that would greatly depend on what type of bottle you like or collect !
Myself personally , I like the Bitters ! So my " holy grail " of bottles would probably be one of these Legendary Bitters ! I can dream can't I ?????????
Or if it was a bottle not yet known my holy grail would be a Cobalt blue Kelly's Cabin or a Cobalt Aromatic Orange Semi cabin from Nashville !!!! Whew ...... I'm getting the shakes and sweats here just talking about it !!!!! LOL Brian

Us53359.jpg

Attachments

• Us53359.jpg
    Us53359.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 103

IRISH

Reaction score
I agree with Brian that it just depends on what you like, for me it would be the cobalt blue hotel Codd from Cossack WA (don't know if there is a complete one known) or the cobalt John Johnson Roebourne Codd with the writing down the back.
Unknown would be a cobalt Codd-torpedo hybrid from Australia [:D] , we get a blue lip one so you never know [;)] .

Oldtimer

Reaction score
Oh my......Mine would be a 12 or 14 or 16 paneled pontiled embossed Emerald green or Cobalt master ink...I want to dig this bottle please...

AvoidingWork

Reaction score
Neat. Sounds like it is a subject thas crossed a few minds ....Speaking of incomplete bottles--is it ever worth it to keep broken bottles? I glued a few back together, but i'm running out of room in the window sills to display them. ---Also, i found a "wyeth & Bro Philada" the other day. I've seen this term before--what exactly was 'philada'?

Oldtimer

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: AvoidingWork

Neat. Sounds like it is a subject thas crossed a few minds ....Speaking of incomplete bottles--is it ever worth it to keep broken bottles? I glued a few back together, but i'm running out of room in the window sills to display them. ---Also, i found a "wyeth & Bro Philada" the other day. I've seen this term before--what exactly was 'philada'?

Philadelphia PA.

Wyeth is a common name to see on a bottle. A bottle would have to be very rare to have value if it is glued together.

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
"Philada'" is usually written "Philad'a", an abbreviation for Philadelphia. As in:

in McKearin/Wilson in Illustration 78,

Blue-aquamarine, long rectangular body, fluted corners, long cylindrical neck, narrow round collar,; inscribed lengthwise on one side: "GENUINE ESSENCE"; paper label on the other side: "From FREDERICK KLETT & CO's / ESS. PEPPERMINT. / Drug and Chemical Warehouse. N.E. Cor. Callowhill / and Second Streets, Philad'a." 1843-58 address.

------Harry Pristis

AvoidingWork

Reaction score
Thanks. The thought that Philada might be a shortform for the city had occurred to me, but i thought..too easy!

amblypygi

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Oldtimer

Philadelphia PA.

Wyeth is a common name to see on a bottle. A bottle would have to be very rare to have value if it is glued together.

True, but I did once see a tiffany-style lamp sell for $300+ on ebay that was made of glass from broken bottles. It was very cool, lots of Stoddard ambers, Lockport greens and recognizable embossing. Very neat idea. I can't do stained glass myself, but I have been saving the nicer-colored shards for quite a while now, maybe I'll learn.

Sean

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum