gas station stuff

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tristian bottle

Reaction score
[;)][:)][:D]yall remember me 11 year old kristian dawe from newfoundland i havent been on in awile we got loads ah snow up here anouter quisten for you guys that dont just colect bottles but evrey thing anyone find or got stuff from like the 50s 60s gas stations like gas pumps or airmeters and oil cans all that stuff i would love to see pics and heare all about it [:)][:D][;)]

PS.my birt day is in auges i would love to recive some bottles for a gift cant find many anymore

PSPS.capsoda wants to talk to you remember me

LC

Reaction score
Mistake made in trying to reply to the above, will straighten out shortly. Sorry for the foul up!

LC

Reaction score
Hello Kristian, started to reply in a message above to you and goofed things up! I am new on here, and was trying to make a trail run to see how this forum worked, and that is when I got into trouble! My true hobby of interest is collecting vintage bottles. I have collected them for the past thirty years. I have collected gas and oil for a number of years now and have many gas and oil collectables as well. Sold my three gas pumps to help make room in my garage, so I am unable to show you any pumps at present. Here is a picture of a quart size Essolube Bottle oil bottle I bought on eBay from a person in England. Still need to clean it up yet. Will try and post some of the other oil memorabilia I have collected for you at a later date. And I hope you have a happy upcoming birthday as well ! Take care, L C

Attachments

• B3219F56B24945FCAA2BD7292C6CBCD7.jpg
    B3219F56B24945FCAA2BD7292C6CBCD7.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 67

LC

Reaction score
Well, Kristian, this has been a total flop so far. I see in the message I sent to you above that the pictures did not show up. Tried again in this post and still no luck. Can not figure out what it is I am doing wrong, will try again at a later date. Sorry for wasting your time, L C

epgorge

Reaction score
Hey Kristian Hey Lc,
Welcome back and welcome.

Your pics LC were attached. When you download just hit the embed picture in post before you hit the click here to upload.

Hope this helps.

Joel

LC

Reaction score
Hello Joel, and thank you very much for the reply. I guess I am still in my ignorant mode this evening. If the pictures are attached, why it it I can not view them in the post, or are you telling me I need to Embed them first as you have stated, and then upload them again in order for them to be in the reply? Again, thanks for the reply. I hate get start off to a bad start when I go to do something for the first time.

epgorge

Reaction score
aYup, that pretty much covers it. Try hitting the white square below "embed picture in post" before hitting the link "Click here to the upload".

You will figure it out quickly as this sight is pretty user friendly. There are some little quirks you will quickly find out about as well, such as timing out if you ponder to long with your prose. I write the longer posts in a word processor and then copy and paste.

Good luck.
Joel

epgorge

Reaction score
I took the liberty of putting the picture through an editing proram and posting it for you until you get the hang of it. Don't worry about making mistakes. Everybody here did until they got the hang of it. We will helpyou to fly.

Joel

901A328ACFF94D16AFF5A87DC1AA90A4.jpg

Attachments

• 901A328ACFF94D16AFF5A87DC1AA90A4.jpg
    901A328ACFF94D16AFF5A87DC1AA90A4.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 76

LC

Reaction score
Thanks Joel, you are a Scholar and a Gentleman ! I was trying posting a pic the other evening just to see if I could do it right the first time. I just used any pic I had handy, and I did it right the first time. Then I realized I could not figure out how to cancel the post on the page I was taken to after it download in the message, so it ended up on the post with a goofy picture I was attemping to send to the youngster online! I did manage to delete the picture, (Still haven't figured out how the devil I did that either), as well as edit the message so it would at least make some sense of things. Thanks again for the help, L C

51899AA8C8BC442A88C75AB82581429A.jpg

Attachments

• 51899AA8C8BC442A88C75AB82581429A.jpg
    51899AA8C8BC442A88C75AB82581429A.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 73

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marenjch