Ry's 2007 privy dig posts w/ guest diggers!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottlediger

Reaction score
Christmas Eve 2007 Pontil Dig

Woke up this morning and figured today would be a good day to dig, I called Chris up and he wanted to dig so we both got together around 11am ish found our first pit around 11:45. This pit sucked, long story short was just a 5-6 footer dipped clean. Found a 2nd pit behind a very early 1830-40 house. The privy was inside the house actually in the addition. This pit turned out to be descent. It was a 3.5x3.5x6 woody started out 90s, then down about 5 ft it turned to a mix of 70s-60s, then at 5.5 it turned to water and bam pontil shards everywhere mixed with tons of early ceramics. First whole pontil was an iron pontil mineral water from central Pa. Then we pulled out some other pontils but were just puffs. Another squat, this one broken, then a local open pontil med. Some more random items, another squat, this one badly cracked. And after that last squat that was about the end of the hole. Some heartbreakers included, a historical flask, an amber case gin pig snout open pontil, a few more local pontil meds, and some very beautiful ceramics. It was a great day to get out and enjoy the nice warm dec weather. Have a great Christmas Everyone.

Digger Ry
5.jpg

13.jpg

15.jpg

21.jpg

Christmas eve pontils [:D]

Jim

Reaction score
Nice little pontil pit, guys! Hopefully, some of the ceramics will have all of the pieces there. We hit a pontil pit here last weekend, but there wasn't much in it. Not even a piece of a squattie, but we did get a couple of OP embossed meds and a few puffs.

The weather is looking good for this week after Christmas, so we're going to get one more pit in for '07. Thanks for sharing the pics, I enjoyed them as usual. Merry Christmas! ~Jim

appliedlips

Reaction score
Digging a pit inside of the house,that's persistence.That Green Pop bottle looks like a good one.Congratulations on another fine dig.Doug

cobaltbot

Reaction score
That looked like a fun "fix" The ceramics look interesting, are there scenes on them.

bottlediger

Reaction score
It sure was a fix alright, yes there are scenes on them, just regular early english design ceramics

digger ry

bottlediger

Reaction score
This ends the 2007 digging year for me, tried to get out today but that never happend. Had a great year, found a lot of nice stuff, and added about a gig of pictures to my computer. Just wanted to thank you all for your comments and help on the questions I had on a few teaser bottles. I hope your enjoyed all of the stories and pics as I have enjoyed yours. Today ends this digging year but tomorrow starts the next [;)]

take care everyone, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! [:D]

Digger Ry 07

blade

Reaction score
Hey bottlediger, I was wandering what the name of the town was on that mineral water & med.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky