New site

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RelicRaker

Reaction score
New dig in my area. Only had time to eyeball a few bottles, but did pull this BIM master ink.
Embossed: Caw's Black Fluid Ink. Doesn't have a spout, but the inner lip has 3 tooled ridges for pouring.
Am guessing circa 1880.

CAWS master ink bottle.jpg

nhpharm

Reaction score
Good stuff...I've seen the small Caw's before but not that master. Love seeing some good stuff dug!

RelicRaker

Reaction score
Thanks, Jim!

Went back today. Lots of broken stuff but I did dig a "John H. Young / Philada" squat blob. Smooth base. "JHY" emblem on the back. Still has the cork inside (hard to see) but am hoping it'll shrink when it dries.
John H Young bottle.jpg

RelicRaker

Reaction score
Dang! You're into some good stuff. Very jealous.

I have been very fortunate lately. But I know luck—it can dry up anytime. Someday they'll finish all these developments and high-priced pigeon coops, and these artifacts will either be destroyed, moved, or entombed again, long past my lifetime. So in the meantime, I'm enjoying the experience and saving some history to pass on to my kid.

RelicRaker

Reaction score
A couple more finds from the latest spot...
LEFT: Small clear med, square with "clipped" corners. BIM with bubbling. Base embossed: W.T. & Co.
RIGHT: M.E. O'Brien embossed squat soda.
Whithall and O'Brien bottles.jpg

...and the base of that clear med, W.T. & Co., which I believe is Whitall Tatum. Anyone confirm?
Whitall Tatum bottle base.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu