1 creek 2 dumps.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Timelypicken

Reaction score
No crazy finds, but I still like them. Was interested what the 2nd to last pictured items were. One is just a block of glass the other I feel like I saw a post about vases in some kind of car and I was thinking many it was one of those.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 383
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 357
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 369
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 366
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 371
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 381
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 379
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 355

DFW Digger

Reaction score
The glass block is similar to one i found and was told it was used as a type of skylight in wood or concrete. Mine is flat on bottom and sloped at an angle at the top like a prism. This one turned SCA from sitting in flower bed for ten yrs. Hope it helps. Sam

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200726-203607_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200726-203607_Gallery.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 317

sandchip

Reaction score
I've seen them in sidewalks in older cities, but they were cylindrical. Maybe somebody else has seen your type in use.

DFW Digger

Reaction score
I had a pic Red Mathews sent me i will try to find it. It was used flatside on side walk angled side down to illuminate basement. Actually found this one in the dirt during construction of Omni hotel in dowtown Dallas.

J.R. Collector

Nomad Bottle Collector
Reaction score
Mr. Clarence would have known for sure. Would love to see the picture he sent you DFW. Love the spoon with the US on it, great finds.

Timelypicken

Reaction score
Mr. Clarence would have known for sure. Would love to see the picture he sent you DFW. Love the spoon with the US on it, great finds.
It’s a military spoon which is cool because I have military collection

seaeo1

Reaction score
The glass block is similar to one i found and was told it was used as a type of skylight in wood or concrete. Mine is flat on bottom and sloped at an angle at the top like a prism. This one turned SCA from sitting in flower bed for ten yrs. Hope it helps. Sam
I have found similar ones on old underwater wrecks used on the deck to illuminate below.

willong

Reaction score

I've walked upon some similar ones in downtown Port Angeles, WA, years ago. Shortly after moving to the area in late 1971 I prowled around underneath some of the (then) raised sidewalks near the waterfront. Quite a number of the buildings in the area were built on pilings, as was a good portion of the sidewalks, even though the water no longer lapped the piles.

Here's a photo of how the street level was raised via sluicing adjacent hill. The sidewalks were then constructed to bridge the gap from the raised street grade to the storefronts.
1596031775344.png

While the project raised the downtown street grades, and "reclaimed" land at the waterfront, it naturally also lowered the grade of the road descending the hill--I'm sure the draft animals appreciated the modification.

A similar, but much more extensive project known as the Denny Hill Regrade was undertaken in Seattle. In both towns, the projects created an interesting underground. For a fee one can explore Seattle's Underground on a guided tour.

1596032431275.png
1596032459952.png
The last image, Seattle, is from Bill Speidel's Underground Tour.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18