1890's E.R.Durkee Challenge Celery Salt (unopened).

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Rltide55

Reaction score
I recently acquired this full unopened 130 year old cork top bottle of Durkee challenge celery salt. The challenge was open to any spice company who could beat the fresh flavor of Durkee. I guess the original Pepsi challenge was not so original as they would have us believe. Oh well, here are the pictures- enjoy!
ROBBYBOBBY64.
E8EBC055-8EE6-4FD1-BC42-EFB95332361C.jpeg
E8EBC055-8EE6-4FD1-BC42-EFB95332361C.jpeg

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
THERE IS A TV SHOW WHERE TWO GUYS EAT LONG LEFT BEHIND BOTTLED AND CANNED FOODSTUFFS. THEY WOULD PROBABLY LIKE TO GET YOUR SALTY TREAT! --I ONLY SAW ONE EPISODE, IN EARLY FALL. SORRY, DON'T REMEMBER THE SHOW'S NAME. --LEN

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
THERE IS A TV SHOW WHERE TWO GUYS EAT LONG LEFT BEHIND BOTTLED AND CANNED FOODSTUFFS. THEY WOULD PROBABLY LIKE TO GET YOUR SALTY TREAT! --I ONLY SAW ONE EPISODE, IN EARLY FALL. SORRY, DON'T REMEMBER THE SHOW'S NAME. --LEN
I wonder how long they will live, I mean eating bad food is crazy...right?
ROBBYBOBBY64.

embe

Reaction score
Yeah, I've heard of that show too, and thought there was probably more wholesome in those old foods than what's being pumped out today (or vise-verse).

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
ROBBYBOBBY64.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Hi RobbyBobby!
I'd guess and say a three year series for this show is very much a long shot! --On the episode I watched they opened, boiled, and ate pasta-like noodles from a pre-WWII box. They both enjoyed the noodles too. Granted this was probably the lowest risk item they consumed lately, but yes, I think they've lost their noodle,+ marbles, but probably have some kind of iron stomach immune system!:) ...If I ever I happen upon the name of this program I'll let you know. --Len

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Hi RobbyBobby!
I'd guess and say a three year series for this show is very much a long shot! --On the episode I watched they opened, boiled, and ate pasta-like noodles from a pre-WWII box. They both enjoyed the noodles too. Granted this was probably the lowest risk item they consumed lately, but yes, I think they've lost their noodle,+ marbles, but probably have some kind of iron stomach immune system!:) ...If I ever I happen upon the name of this program I'll let you know. --Len
May i suggest revolutionary War hardtack and pemmican, LOL!
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Reactions: Len

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi