1910-20 Coca Cola Syrup Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

John.Albin

Reaction score
Hi,

This bottle has been sitting in our garage for more than half a century. I've spent hours on the internet looking at comparable bottles, but haven't found any matches, just similar bottles. I can't match the label or the font of "Coca Cola". This bottle has "The Liquid" embossed on the bottom and that matches a Coca-cola bottle that I've seen on the internet. A couple questions:

1. Does this have collector value? I've seen similar bottles selling anywhere from $300+, but my label is a bit ragged and may detract value.

2. Is there value in cleaning it? I'm afraid to do so.

Attachments

• IMG_2894.jpg
    IMG_2894.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 402

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Hi,

This bottle has been sitting in our garage for more than half a century. I've spent hours on the internet looking at comparable bottles, but haven't found any matches, just similar bottles. I can't match the label or the font of "Coca Cola". This bottle has "The Liquid" embossed on the bottom and that matches a Coca-cola bottle that I've seen on the internet. A couple questions:

1. Does this have collector value? I've seen similar bottles selling anywhere from $300+, but my label is a bit ragged and may detract value.

Do not clean it at all. That thing is worth big money. I saw one before and i don't remember the exact value but it is alot.

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
Hi,

I
Do not clean it at all. That thing is worth big money. I saw one before and i don't remember the exact value but it is alot.
I also agree with RobbyBobby don't clean it, I'm sure when one of the soda collectors here sees it they can provide more on the pricing and rarity. I feel this could be worth quite a bit, being a coca cola syrup bottle, even in its current condition.

John.Albin

Reaction score
I've never even seen one of those. Is that cap for measuring the correct amount of syrup in the mix?

I think the answer is "yes". A good percentage of my comparables call it a measuring cap, but it just doesn't seem intuitively right. But then again, I never ordered a Coke from a soda jerk.

TRJholdings

Reaction score
This is the most recent sale I could find, hope this helps!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 1.13.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 1.13.23 AM.png
    930.6 KB · Views: 376

John.Albin

Reaction score
Thanks Tyler,

I appreciate your help. Have a great day.

John

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum