1915 Coke looking for some info

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

clarencesc

Reaction score
I found this 1915 Coke on a construction site in downtown Pueblo a couple years ago. So far I haven't been able to find another like it and was wondering if anyone had. I can't imagine it's the only one in existence. It's embossed "PUEBLO" on the bottom, I've seen others with "PUEBLO COLO" but never one without the state....
Your bottle is a known type and is considered to be rare. If you look in the COKE BOTTLE CHCKLIST book by Bill Porter it is listed on page 33 of the FIFTH EDITION. The error is only found in the 1915 issue.

SODABOB

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind finding some Koca Nola bottles, I like the knock offs and oddball sodas.

Coca Cola Knock-Offs?

Howz about these from 1919 ...

Coca Cola Ad Imatators The Monroe Journal N.C. August 15, 1919 2 (2).jpg

Coca Cola Ad Imatators The Monroe Journal N.C. August 15, 1919  3 (2).jpg

Coca Cola Ad Imatators The Monroe Journal N.C. August 15, 1919  4 (2).jpg

Coca Cola Ad Imatators The Monroe Journal N.C. August 15, 1919  5 (2).jpg

Coca Cola Ad Imatators The Monroe Journal N.C. August 15, 1919  6 (2).jpg

Coca Cola Ad Imatators The Monroe Journal N.C. August 15, 1919  7 (2).jpg

Coca Cola Ad Imatators The Monroe Journal N.C. August 15, 1919 8 (2).jpg

NOLA_Ken

relic hunter
Reaction score
Well I know rare doesn't necessarily mean valuable in every case, and I have no plans to part with it, (unless the value is really up there) but out of curiosity what do y'all think a bottle like this would retail for?

SODABOB

Reaction score
Ken

Questions ...

1. Overall condition on a scale of 1 to 10
2. Is there a makers mark or date code - look on the base / side / heel for any symbols / letters / numbers

Thanks

Bob

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
Wow! Very nice looking
I guess it's a ferly rare bottle.In my opinion the name PUEBLO was changed to for example PUEBLO COLO (or other) in order to accurate. Then no one else embossed that old name.
As long I know that bottle was designed in Nov 1915 and began to be made in 1917.
I
Back then, companies weren't using two letter abbreviations for states yet. It wasn't standardized until much later.

NOLA_Ken

relic hunter
Reaction score
if I had to guess I'd say it's about a 9 as is, there are a couple little nicks on the embossed lettering on one side that would probably be less visible with a good cleaning, the other side is perfect and all the embossing is strong and clear. no major chips or scratches, and barely any wear on the bottom. I looked it over and there's no other markings I can find.

clarencesc

Reaction score
It is a nice bottle but the big question for you is what someone is WILLING TO PAY for it. Know nothing about collectors in your area as I am on the East Coast. A North Carolina bottle with the name mis-spelled was offered at $ 50.00. However, if a collector in you area really wanted it could fetch $ 100.00 or $ 200.00. Someone has to really want it and the two of you arrive at a fair price to both.

SODABOB

Reaction score
Ken

Thanks for the info. I have been looking around and found several patent 1915 Coca Cola bottles from Denver-Pueblo but could NOT find one that is exactly like your's with just Pueblo by itself. That solo Pueblo will definitely add some rarity and value to it. But, like member clarencesc said, you will have to find the right collector to get top dollar. One way to test its value is to place it on eBay and ask $500 or Make Offer and see what happens. That way you will know what someone is willing to pay, and yet at the same time not be obligated to sell it if you don't like their offer. Of course, someone might buy it right away for $500, but personally I don't think that's a bad thing. By the way, some of the Denver-Pueblo examples I found were described as having been made by the ROOT Glass Company in 1923 and 1924. I know you looked it over, but if your bottle was made by ROOT, the name will be clearly visible somewhere on the heel. ROOT started dating all of their bottles in 1909 and continued until 1932 when they were fully absorbed into the Owens Illinois Glass Company.

The Pubelo, Colo. base I'm attaching should confirm the use abbreviations at some point. Both bases are of patent 1915 bottles, but I can't confirm the glass house who made them nor the year they were made.

Coca Cola Patent 1915  Bottle Denver Pueblo, Colo Base.jpg
Coca Cola Patent 1915  Bottle Pueblo, Colo Base (1).jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu