1924 Democratic National Convention Fob

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

east texas terry

Reaction score
Found this 1924 New York Democratic National Convention fob wile digging bottle today
IMG_1657.JPG
IMG_1658.JPG

Attachments

• img20210608_23394300.pdf
    131.6 KB · Views: 185

RCO

Reaction score
I'd imagine its collectable although don't have any idea as to its value or rarity .

a lot of people went to those conventions , there is delegates from every state present , so I'd estimate they at least made a couple thousand of them at the time

( you'd be surprised how obsessed the news media here in Canada is about them , I've seen a lot about the us political conventions on tv here )

RCO

Reaction score
you can read about the convention here , didn't yield a well known nominee ( john davis ) or president but is historic for being the longest political convention ever and most ballots 103 , it doesn't say how many people were there but I counted around 1100 votes in the early ballots

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Hi East TX Terry,

Love your find. WHAT GREAT CONDITION! As RCO noted, this convention was one for the books! The election was won by Calvin Coolidge, a wild + crazy nut from the CT River Valley. If one goes to the South Hadley, MA flea market you'll travel on a bridge named for him. (Some Good glass and other 'tiques there. 'Bout 2+ miles se off I-91.)

east texas terry

Reaction score
you can read about the convention here , didn't yield a well known nominee ( john davis ) or president but is historic for being the longest political convention ever and most ballots 103 , it doesn't say how many people were there but I counted around 1100 votes in the early ballots

Thank you for the info. This was found in Tyler Texas
Hi East TX Terry,

Love your find. WHAT GREAT CONDITION! As RCO noted, this convention was one for the books! The election was won by Calvin Coolidge, a wild + crazy nut from the CT River Valley. If one goes to the South Hadley, MA flea market you'll travel on a bridge named for him. (Some Good glass and other 'tiques there. 'Bout 2+ miles se off I-91.)
Thank you

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eloc1