1938 Dixie-rush acl

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DlPsocialcirclega

Reaction score
I like it when I find something I've never heard of. My only new find today an a good acl. Not slot of info on net about it.

Attachments

• IMG_20200802_111909.jpg
    IMG_20200802_111909.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 449

hemihampton

Reaction score
I didn't see it in my Soda Book, not sure if that means anything, if not in book could be rare or just common & overlooked? LEON.

DlPsocialcirclega

Reaction score
I didn't see it in my Soda Book, not sure if that means anything, if not in book could be rare or just common & overlooked? LEON.
I did find a little on it from the newspaper I think it was around for two years an was bottle in Decatur an never made it out of the state.

Rltide55

Reaction score
It was Decatur . Georgia not Alabama. My bad
Sunday, January 1, 2012
Decatur Boy's High School Student George B. Edmunds discovered "Dixie-Rush" a popular soft drink in it's day.

Decatur Boy's High School Student George B. Edmunds discovered "Dixie-Rush" a popular soft drink in it's day.
George B. Edmunds attended Decatur Boy's High School circa 1930's . It was there he found that chemistry was his favorite course of study because of his interest in the unknown.
George began his venture into the soft drink industry when he started experimenting with his syrup formula, but it was not until 1939 when the first Dixie-Rush was bottled and his company established.
Identified by an attractive six ounce bottle with a 3 color crown denoting the trade mark
" Dixie-Rush" and a music note running through the name and also the bottle.
This new soft drink was so popular that it was sold in Decatur Boy's High School cafeteria.

Like many early soft drinks, some were just a flash in the pan.
Story based on a Dekalb New Era article.

They must have had different style bottle designs, this bottle does not have the 3 color crown as described in the story, but still had the music notes running through it.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18