1938 Dixie-rush acl

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DlPsocialcirclega

Reaction score
Sometimes that happens but you also got handle them carefully when fresh out of the ground meaning no wiping, no wrapping in newspaper or towel or rolling around in your back seat ect, ect.
I pulled that dixie rush an its fine I know better on the acls I've really never had to deal with this?

hemihampton

Reaction score
So what do you consider "right" ?

letting sit for a month to dry out. if you wipe the dirt off while it's fresh from the ground good chance paint or ACL is coming off with it. That's mostly if pulled from wet moist dirt from being buried. if its sat on the surface for past 40 years then it's had 40 years to dry out & your not likely to have a problem then. SO, What is the method you use??????????

DlPsocialcirclega

Reaction score
letting sit for a month to dry out. if you wipe the dirt off while it's fresh from the ground good chance paint or ACL is coming off with it. That's mostly if pulled from wet moist dirt from being buried. if its sat on the surface for past 40 years then it's had 40 years to dry out & your not likely to have a problem then. SO, What is the method you use??????????
Not that never really had this problem an funny you should send me that I dug a b1 acl bottle up today an same problem have not cleaned it yet but will do what you said thanks

DlPsocialcirclega

Reaction score
This is killing me I dug a 3centa bottle in clear glass an it was broken I guess I see why they are rare they break easy.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown