Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

1942 7up value

Ellie

Dec 2, 2019
Ave Maria, Florida
Thank you so much for all the info! I will def have to check out Mr.Lockharts article! That seems like a wealth of information!

The swimsuit girl does have both her feet but I think I may have been kinda hiding it with my hand on accident hehe.

$10 is pretty good for something I found by chance for free! I dont plan on selling it but if I do I'll probably price it a bit lower than that just so it has more of a chance of selling lol

Canadacan

Sep 21, 2014
British Columbia
Something I was thinking about was my 1942 Canadian 7up seen in this photo has no red, but alas it has ghosting...so it simply wore away. I'm pretty sure it was a dug bottle, and oddly I have seen two other 1942's with the red worn off, not sure if its just a coincidence or maybe the red paint batches were not good at that time?

20181029_182416.jpg

RCO

May 17, 2012
Ontario , Canada
Something I was thinking about was my 1942 Canadian 7up seen in this photo has no red, but alas it has ghosting...so it simply wore away. I'm pretty sure it was a dug bottle, and oddly I have seen two other 1942's with the red worn off, not sure if its just a coincidence or maybe the red paint batches were not good at that time?
I'd imagine there is lots of 7 up bottles out there without the red paint , most that were found outdoors only have the white as the red seems to come off sooner, I've found several like this , the one I posted has ghosting like you mentioned so it also had red paint at some point and it came off .

have to try and search around and see if I can find any examples which are for sure from ww2 era and never had the red paint

looking thru my pictures I found this bottle swimming in 2014 , not sure of its exact year of use , only has white but after being under water so long , its all that remained of the label

it has a slightly odd back , says " sip it slowly , taste each sip ,enjoy the finer flavour " which doesn't seem to be mentioned in the article so unsure of year of use
but looking thru some other 7 up's , the others with that wording had red paint on the front so it likely just came off and makes it appear like it didn't have red

7upPC1.jpg7upPC2.jpg

Last edited:

Canadacan

Sep 21, 2014
British Columbia
RCO as I mentioned on one of my posts the 'Sip it slowly' slogan was standard on 7oz Canadian 7up ACL's from at least 1942-1947, some Quebec bottles may have varied. The article you are referencing was specifically on USA 7up's and thus why the slogan is not mentioned. Still waiting to see a 1941 example to see if it was an 8 bubble in Canada.
Is your bottle a consumers or Dominion?...if Dominion any legible numbers on the base? They seems to have a problem with many of them being offset.

RCO

May 17, 2012
Ontario , Canada
RCO as I mentioned on one of my posts the 'Sip it slowly' slogan was standard on 7oz Canadian 7up ACL's from at least 1942-1947, some Quebec bottles may have varied. The article you are referencing was specifically on USA 7up's and thus why the slogan is not mentioned. Still waiting to see a 1941 example to see if it was an 8 bubble in Canada.
Is your bottle a consumers or Dominion?...if Dominion any legible numbers on the base? They seems to have a problem with many of them being offset.

I looked at the bottle earlier today , found it in the garage , definitely had paint on it originally , could see where it had faded off , didn't notice the dominion mark

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadJam4u