Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
Recently I bought this very unique and rare 1970 50th Anniversary Overmyer Mould Company bottle. It was made for them by the Hillsboro Glass Company in Illinois. The factory existed from 1961-1997. They were actually a subsidiary of Hiram Walker & Sons Distilleries and for this reason, most bottles made there were amber in color. So it's no surprise that this bottle is also amber. The Overmyer Mould company crafted molds for most of the major players in the glass industry including Anchor Hocking Glass and then later Anchor Glass Container. The bottle is even listed in the Anchor Hocking Commemorative bottle book, with a value of $450.00 to $500.00 if it has the small Overmyer company brochure that came with it. Unfortunately I don't have that but the bottle is enough for me.
DSCN4609.JPG
DSCN4615.JPG
DSCN4614.JPG
DSCN4625.JPG
DSCN4622.JPG
DSCN4597.JPG
DSCN4596.JPG

Last edited:

slugplate

Reaction score
That's a very good collectors piece. The stopper itself is amazing. It kind of reminds me of some of the Jim Beam commemorative bottles. Certainly a keeper.

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
That's a very good collectors piece. The stopper itself is amazing. It kind of reminds me of some of the Jim Beam commemorative bottles. Certainly a keeper.
That's a great comparison. I've checked out some of those and they are well done. I wonder what bottle maker did the Jim Beam ones.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu