Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
I recently acquired this bottle that was made in 1974 at the Anchor Hocking Lancaster, Ohio plant, given to the late Ralph Newkirk for 43 years of service. It is extremely rare and I cannot find another example of it. Note the 3D look of the bottle and the interesting scene with a man working the glass production tank. I wish I could find this gentleman's obituary however I did find one for his son who has the same name.
DSCN4294.JPG
DSCN4295.JPG
DSCN4299.JPG
DSCN4300.JPG

GEEMAN

Reaction score
Cool. I used to live near Lancaster OH in the early 70s. A friend on mines' dad was one of the top mold cutters ( for lack of the proper term ) for Anchor Hocking at that time. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he cut the mold for that bottle.

slugplate

Reaction score
Very interesting bottle, WPA-C. What a great mold maker to create such a masterful commemorative. I actually does have a kind of holographic quality, meticulously molded, and the color is just as awesome. Nice piece. Not often you come across those goodies.

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
Cool. I used to live near Lancaster OH in the early 70s. A friend on mines' dad was one of the top mold cutters ( for lack of the proper term ) for Anchor Hocking at that time. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he cut the mold for that bottle.
Small world isn't it. Mold making really is an art. Glad you like the bottle.

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
Very interesting bottle, WPA-C. What a great mold maker to create such a masterful commemorative. I actually does have a kind of holographic quality, meticulously molded, and the color is just as awesome. Nice piece. Not often you come across those goodies.
I agree with all of the above. I get them any time I can when the price is reasonable.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora