1984 Florida gators ACL Coke bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

digger dun

Reaction score
Eastern Long Island, metro NYC, Hudson valley NY
This is arguably the first bottle in my collection, picked up when I was 8 years old. I was down in Ocala Florida visiting my grandparents, and they had a six pack of these. Someone said it was a collectible bottle when they noticed my interest in the colorful painted label, nothing like the soda bottles in New York that I had yet come across at that age, so I decided to keep my soda unopened instead of drinking it there with them all, and I've been carrying it around with me ever since. Now in my mid forties I'm digging deep into this vast hoard of junk that's been following me around for decades and attempting to cash out. I've a mind to put it on ebay for 20 bucks and see if I get any bites, but I don't know how I'd be able to ship it full of liquid. Should I finally pop the top after 36 years years and let the kitchen sink have a flat syrupy treat, or should I leave the vintage beverage inside as an added value to potential purchasers?

gatercoke.jpg

Thetf2jack

Reaction score
This is arguably the first bottle in my collection, picked up when I was 8 years old. I was down in Ocala Florida visiting my grandparents, and they had a six pack of these. Someone said it was a collectible bottle when they noticed my interest in the colorful painted label, nothing like the soda bottles in New York that I had yet come across at that age, so I decided to keep my soda unopened instead of drinking it there with them all, and I've been carrying it around with me ever since. Now in my mid forties I'm digging deep into this vast hoard of junk that's been following me around for decades and attempting to cash out. I've a mind to put it on ebay for 20 bucks and see if I get any bites, but I don't know how I'd be able to ship it full of liquid. Should I finally pop the top after 36 years years and let the kitchen sink have a flat syrupy treat, or should I leave the vintage beverage inside as an added value to potential purchasers?

View attachment 213605
Definitely leave the liquid inside, those types of bottles are really common because everyone thought they would be valuable someday, however having it full adds a lot of value to it and at least from my point of view I would pay a lot more for an unopened vintage bottle than an empty one

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
No way...people love full unopened bottles. I know the caps suffer eventually rusting through. Just my opinion. I get antique bottles full with the cap sent via mail all the time. $10.90 priority shipping for up to a full 12 oz glass bottle.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Thetf2jack

Reaction score
No way...people love full unopened bottles. I know the caps suffer eventually rusting through. Just my opinion. I get antique bottles full with the cap sent via mail all the time. $10.90 priority shipping for up to a full 12 oz glass bottle.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
If I were you I wouldn’t get rid of it as it’s your first bottle, but if you really are gonna get rid of it I think you should at least finish it off yourself. Take a sip and tell us how it is!

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score

View attachment 213605
10 oz bottle?

iggyworf

Reaction score
Yep that is a common bottle. My girlfriend collect s coke and has that one plus many other commemorative bottles. She likes them to be full. but in my exp. most serious collectors want there bottles empty and think that full does not add to the value. But there are others that do.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Any bottle can be filled even as you read this. Old bottle with an appropriately aged cap and who is to say if it is original really.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi