2 1850's Pontiled Detroit Soda Bottles.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

UnderMiner

Reaction score
Do you have any broken tops similar to the originals? My buddy had a guy in Florida repair his ( using epoxy ), he sent along a broken top for the fellow to use as a mold. Here's the result:
Was just thinking the same, those bottles can be repaired and become much more valuable. People pay good money for well repaired bottles especially if the part fixed is true to the original look and color even if it's made of resin.

jwpevahouse

Reaction score
Cronk only shows up with Calnon in Detroit Directories for 1 year only, 1858 as far as I remember. LEON.
late 1850s works for that style of bottle. Nice finds. Too bad about the missing lips. Bottles that rare are certainly worth keeping until something better comes along. I have a few "criers" myself that remind me every day how rare they really are and the likelihood I may never have a complete example. So be it, that's life. Why complain?

Reactions: Roy

hemihampton

Reaction score
late 1850s works for that style of bottle. Nice finds. Too bad about the missing lips. Bottles that rare are certainly worth keeping until something better comes along. I have a few "criers" myself that remind me every day how rare they really are and the likelihood I may never have a complete example. So be it, that's life. Why complain?
I have lots of rare broken criers. BUT, Luckily the Calnon & Cronk is not one of them. I have a nice one & sold a attic mint one a few Years ago. Even though I've had 3 of them still a super rare Bottle in my opinion. The Warring & Wright even rarer & never had one. Luckily I got 2 common Donor Bottles that may work. Pic below. LEON.

P.S. The tops on my 1860's donors slightly different so may not look right. 1850 donor tops hard to come by.
CronksDonors.JPG
CronksDonors2.JPG

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky