2 Faygo Feigenson Bros. Hutches Displayed in Front of FAYGO

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Always wanted to take a Pic of my 2 Faygo Hutches in front of the FAYGO Building/Company near Downtown Detroit. Faygo is Popular in Detroit but not sure if anybody out side of Detroit is familiar with it? LEON.
Faygo2Hutches.JPG
Faygo2Hurches2.JPG
Faygo2Hutches3.JPG
Faygo2Hutches4.JPG

woods_walker

Reaction score
Always wanted to take a Pic of my 2 Faygo Hutches in front of the FAYGO Building/Company near Downtown Detroit. Faygo is Popular in Detroit but not sure if anybody out side of Detroit is familiar with it? LEON.View attachment 204279View attachment 204280View attachment 204281View attachment 204282

I grew up drinking Faygo and still drink it today. I have some rock and rye and 60/40 in the fridge as I type this. I figured the company was old but never realized they used hutch bottles. Oldest I’ve found is a broken acl once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bottle-bud

Reaction score
Faygo was being sold here in St. Louis, Missouri in the 1980's. I remember seeing the product being sold in cans and large bottles, don't recall ever drinking any.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Faygo started in 1907 & there first bottle would of been the Hutchinson in 1907. But by 1907 Hutchinson bottles started fading away because The ABM Crown top was gaining popularity by then so I don't think they made the Faygo Hutch for long, maybe the first couple of years & then the switch to ABM Crown Tops. When it comes to Detroit Hutches they are much harder to find. not rare but not common. I've only found 1 & shard of 1 out of the 100 huches I've probably dug. LEON.

M.C.Glass

Reaction score
Those are beautiful, Leon. I wonder sometimes if the Faygo people would have any interest in their old bottles, for display or photographing? Or if they have a museum themselves.
They started out as bakers, and made their first flavors out of their cake icing recipes. I’m sure you knew that, Leon

embe

Reaction score
Those are pretty cool. Rock and Rye was my favorite but they had some other good flavors too. Didn't realize they were around WAY back then

hemihampton

Reaction score
They had Black Cherry, one of my favorites. A guy I used to dig Privies with a couple of years ago would also bring a Cooler full of Pop & always had a few Black Cheery Faygo's in a can in Cooler for me knowing it was my favorite. Heres a older version. LEON.
2faygos.JPG

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi