2 interesting alcohol bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Tom smith

Reaction score
I don't know much about either of these 2 bottles. Any info would be appreciated age, rarity, etc. Both are machine-made and one still has the original cap on it. The bug amber on says mouquin. And the other one has a D inside a diamond on the bottom.

IMG_1129.JPG
IMG_1126.JPG
IMG_1127.JPG
IMG_1125.JPG
IMG_1130.JPG
IMG_1128.JPG

Thank you
tom smith

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I have one similar to that one but with the labels. Your doesn't have a dose cap. I love the spider and webs. Cool find.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
The spider web bottle is Canadian and dates to the 1920s or 30s. It was almost certainly brought into the US by bootleggers. A lot of Canadian whiskey was specifically made for illegal sale in the US during Prohibition.
The other one I'm not familiar with.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
The spider web bottle is Canadian and dates to the 1920s or 30s. It was almost certainly brought into the US by bootleggers. A lot of Canadian whiskey was specifically made for illegal sale in the US during Prohibition.
The other one I'm not familiar with.
Al capote used to get liquor from canada bought to international waters off the U.S. coast. Anyway he could probably but I read this somewhere.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Al capote used to get liquor from canada bought to international waters off the U.S. coast. Anyway he could probably but I read this somewhere.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
A lot of it was shipped across the Detroit River from Windsor as well. Probably across the border in Abbotsford too, that border runs through a bunch of easily accessible farmland and is still used for smuggling today, and there were some major distilleries in Vancouver.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
A lot of it was shipped across the Detroit River from Windsor as well. Probably across the border in Abbotsford too, that border runs through a bunch of easily accessible farmland and is still used for smuggling today, and there were some major distilleries in Vancouver.
Where there's a will, there is a way.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

embe

Reaction score
I have one similar to that one but with the labels. Your doesn't have a dose cap. I love the spider and webs. Cool find.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Curious if the labels go with the spider theme. Almost as if: it was aged for so long, the spiders built webs on it?

hemihampton

Reaction score
The Purple gang in Detroit ran a bunch of Bootleg Booze across the Detroit River during Prohibition. They had a house right on the river. LEON.
purpleganghouse4.JPG

Hamco

Reaction score
I've seen a couple of versions of webs and spiders - this is a very nice one! The spider placement in the center on both sides is very desirable.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18