Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

2 New Ones

peejrey

Jul 4, 2010
Lyles, TN
Went to a local Flea Market over the weekend, and found a guy liquidating his glass.. however.. This guy knew his prices, and how to make a collector loose his mind. $1 for the Label, but $10 for the embossed local-sadly I have a soft spot for things that were made here. So I walked away with these two fine pieces. Can't tell what the labeled one held, but still nice. The Clear one reads: "Neil & Whitfield Pharmacists 1600 West End Ave. Nashville Tenn." Pretty nice tooled top as well. As far as mold-seam dating goes, I'd estimate the late 1880's on the both of em', however input, is greatly welcome.Thanks for checking in, these two have a nice spot on the med shelf, and will be put in my collectors insurance later this week.Pics below [attachment=1256.JPG] [attachment=1264.JPG] [attachment=1259.JPG]

Attachments

fer_de_lance

Jun 3, 2012
Nice additions. I was in the West End area last Saturday enjoying a meal at Rotiers and a few libations at Corsair,Flying Saucer,etc,etc

wmccubb

Aug 4, 2014
Nice bottles. I think a buddy of mine dug one of those Neil & Whitfield bottles while we were out in the spring. What flea market were you at? The big antique store on the square in Lebanon usually has a good selection of local bottles. I go in there from time to time looking to add to my Diehl & Lord collection.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ssimmw