2 suspicious bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

planeguy2

Reaction score
I have these 2 bottles I got as gifts and are a bit suspicious, are they real or a reproduction?
20200607_192239.jpg
20200607_192437.jpg
20200607_192415.jpg
20200607_192321.jpg
20200607_192309.jpg

Timelypicken

Reaction score
If you want several more smalls I would sell you some

planeguy2

Reaction score
Thanks for the offer, but I am good.

treeguyfred

Reaction score
so, planeguy2, the blue one is a re imagination of the "Brookfield Baby Face" cream top milk bottle, a very popular and sought after vintage/antique milk bottle from the early days of milk bottles and it was a popular collectible of the 1960-70's bottle hobby then monstrous quantities of reproductions from various glass houses all over the world flooded the market like the one you have shown. The red one is a Wheaton..... a very prolific glass house that manufactured and might even still classic bottles for Avon and Bradleys and Alexanders and sooooo many other retailers both in catalogue and department stores in the 1960's through the 1990's and later. My Grandmother and mum, and aunties all had them and you will find dozens to hundreds if you spend a day in summer trolling the yard and garage sale circuits in any town

martyfoley

Reaction score
Yea, I see Wheatons all over the place here in Maine. People liked them for their color. I would've rather put my money into the real deal antique bottle back then. At least it would've held most of its value over the years and maybe even gone up in value.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Yea, I see Wheatons all over the place here in Maine. People liked them for their color. I would've rather put my money into the real deal antique bottle back then. At least it would've held most of its value over the years and maybe even gone up in value.
A lot of collectable bottles have take a hit for example coke. Has gone down in value. Supply and demand. I see people all over the place thinning out or worst selling their beloved collection. I guess it's famine or feast.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

martyfoley

Reaction score
A lot of collectable bottles have take a hit for example coke. Has gone down in value. Supply and demand. I see people all over the place thinning out or worst selling their beloved collection. I guess it's famine or feast.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
Yes, Robby I hear you. Many folks out of a job now so collections are coming to market. It's cyclical with the economy. Are younger people interested in antique bottles? Are they interested in antiques at all? The hobby needs to grow to keep prices firm. The rare, good bottles will go into stronger hands and will most likely find buyers, but the common, and medium grade bottles will suffer price collapse as the market gets flooded with them. Just type in "antique bottles" on facebook marketplace and you'll see boxes of common bottles. There is a silver lining though, in that search there may be something really good so you got to keep looking. Hopefully the seller will ship.
Anyway, we know prices will bounce around, but the really good stuff should hold up, if not, and the seller is anxious to sell jump on it.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18