2 suspicious bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Is there a CB mark on the bottom? Those Clevengers can be collectibles on their own merits.
The unmarked (with CB) are the ones actually blown by the Clevenger brothers. The marked ones were blown after Travis bought the glassworks.
No mark.

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
Yep fake.
Not sure FAKE is a fair term, which in my mind insinuates that there was an intent to deceive. Novelty, memento, fantasy, etc. I believe are a more accurate description. I have several of these novelty bottles as quite often they are very attractive. I don't believe Wheaton or Clevengers ever attempted to fool anyone and were simply trying to make a living to support their art in a manner they felt was true to the craft of glass. Using designs of early bottles is more of a compliment or flattery to the enduring strength of the design.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Is there a CB mark on the bottom? Those Clevengers can be collectibles on their own merits.
The unmarked (with CB) are the ones actually blown by the Clevenger brothers. The marked ones were blown after Travis bought the glassworks.
No CB sir.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Dogo

DOGO
Reaction score
"Old" glass has a look that is not easily duplicated. You would benefit by by searching out long time collectors and examining their collections. As a collector for about 50 years I would be happy to share some of what I have learned with a newbie, and hope others of my peers would also.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
"Old" glass has a look that is not easily duplicated. You would benefit by by searching out long time collectors and examining their collections. As a collector for about 50 years I would be happy to share some of what I have learned with a newbie, and hope others of my peers would also.
That's great. Not everyone is so easy to get information out of. They bled for it, you know the attitude. Most here are great others make comments then when you ask honestly reasonable questions they never respond. I have to watch out for ones who know it all, but just think they do.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Jamdam

Reaction score
Regarding bottle pricing, the best (rarest) examples in most antique collecting, including bottles, tend to hold and appreciate in value regardless of overall market conditions.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18