20 sided Food Bottle?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JALTMAN1103

Reaction score
I have several household food bottles that I am trying to find information about. What is a good source of information on general household food bottles & jars from 1930s-1950s?
52dfcf6f244d265df1f79e66c4a56889.jpg
1a340bc92a0d4d13281a75c23054194e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RCO

Reaction score
its some kind of sauce bottle , none of these bottles are really worth anything unless they still had the paper label on them . collectors of ketchup and sauce bottles are pretty scarce , I doubt there'd be any books or websites devoted to them

JALTMAN1103

Reaction score
RCO is basically correct but my guess as to contents is probably vinegar or some such rather than sauce. I know of no collectors of such items.
Jim S
Thanks, guys. I'm not really expecting to find much of value, but I've had fun researching what some of these bottles were used for...

botlguy

Reaction score
We collectors who have been at it awhile and have given into the idea of buying and selling these objects often get hung up on "value" rather than just the enjoyment of researching. I myself tend to disregard items that are not at least 100 years old and some items need to be even much older than that to keep my interest. That is NOT to say I don't respect the interest of others. I just get too much into my own world. I DO try to help and encourage everyone in pursuing their hobby the way THEY enjoy it.
Jim S

JALTMAN1103

Reaction score
We collectors who have been at it awhile and have given into the idea of buying and selling these objects often get hung up on "value" rather than just the enjoyment of researching. I myself tend to disregard items that are not at least 100 years old and some items need to be even much older than that to keep my interest. That is NOT to say I don't respect the interest of others. I just get too much into my own world. I DO try to help and encourage everyone in pursuing their hobby the way THEY enjoy it.
Jim S
I suppose, to some extent, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I have gotten the most pleasure showing some of these bottles (1930s-1950s) to my wife's grandparents (in their 90s). The land I'm finding them on was the "Home Place" of my wife's grandmother. It's been really cool being able to show them things that remind them of their childhood.

On another note, this process of unearthing bottles and reading posts on this forum has peaked my interest in locating other places to find older bottles!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Sounds like they could be a little sentimental. Have fun & dig some more. I'd be Interested in any old rusty dented beer cans you may find. I collect those. LEON.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora