2010 SECRET SANTA: SIGN UP HERE!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
There is a third method we could try out this year... let's all meet up in the town of Lebanon, Kansas, the geographic center of the continental US, and exchange gifts in person! [:D]

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cyberdigger

ORIGINAL: cowseatmaize

Get in!!! If you draw names to a list and let the upper name give to the one under him and let the last name on the list give to the top.
this way it doesn't matter how many and you won't have worries about giving as much as you get or the other way around as you don't have a direct exchange between two collectors. It shouldn't matter anyway. Just a suggestion, if that problem arrives. I'm game for any manner you decide upon.
That works, kinda a clock but since you got 5 clocks you have to separate them. Still doesn't matter how many total people.
It's a reincarnation so it can come back as whatever Karma decides.
As long as we don't end up with half a Charlie in the end, it's good.

Let me bring you folks up to speed regarding the categories.. there's really only two, MEDS and WHATEVER.. insufficient turnout for the others.. here is the MEDS group:

Joethecrow
Peerjey
Ktbi
Cowseatmaize
Digswithstick
Dean
Bottle109
Botlenut
Dabeel

..if any of you wish to change your group status, let me know, please!

Now, regarding the "clock" or "wheel" method of exchange, it's still a possibility.. the distinction between this and last year's pair method is that you send your gift to one member, but a different member sends to you.. what's the difference? well, you interact with 2 members instead of just your match-up.. there's no direct comparison of gift type or value, no trying to out-do each other.. and of course it works even with odd numbers of participants.. other than that, it's kinda the same idea.. I wouldn't mind hearing other opinions from you good people before choosing the way to do this! [;)]

Thanks, everybody!!! [:)]

You deal with two people in this method too Charlie, you give to the person below you but you get from the person above you, 3 people, one bottle gone one bottle gained.....Example, Peej gives to KTBI but gets from Joe the Crow...

ktbi

Reaction score
I think the clock/wheel method sounds good. Doesn't have to be an even number and the interaction with additional members sounds good. Can you change my category from 'meds' to 'whatever'? Getting excited and I have a my selection picked out and ready to send....Ron

Dean

Reaction score
Charlie,
You can put me in, out, beside, under, over or anyother place beyond.

Merry Christmas,

Dean

cyberdigger

Reaction score
This is in no way challenging for me.. I always knew that one day I'd be thankful I finished high school.. [;)]

I have all of your desires, concerns, and wishes in mind, and it's a pleasant distraction from figuring out which T-shirt to put on in the morning.. I spent some time reading through last year's Secret Santa thread (HERE) ..and just realized we are a full week ahead of schedule, compared to last year. That means we have plenty of time to be democratic about this.. if, however, it's an iron fist you guys want, I will lay down the law, and you WILL like it! Meantime, let's see what other letters Cyber Claus gets from you good kids.. [:D]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum