2017 Bottle Dive Finds!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

riverdiver

Reaction score
I had a decent year of river diving for bottles, I found my usual assortment of clay pipes, marbles, coins and ammo. But this year netted some new bottles for me. Most notably I finally recovered a Warner's,
a Drakes (6-log) a couple of local druggists and a beautiful Master Ink.

Attachments

• Drakes 6 Log 2017.jpg
    Drakes 6 Log 2017.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 218
  • OOH a Master Ink from the river 2017.jpg
    OOH a Master Ink from the river 2017.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 210
  • Warners Kidney Liver Cure 2017.jpg
    Warners Kidney Liver Cure 2017.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 206
  • First Dive finds of 2017.jpg
    First Dive finds of 2017.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 209

RelicRaker

Reaction score
Wow, those are some sweet finds! Love the "safe" graphic on the Warner's. Any embossing on the master ink? I found a similar one this year w/ "Carter's Ink" embossed vertically on the side. Love master inks but have only dug 2.
Carters Ink bottle.jpg

riverdiver

Reaction score
Hi RelicRaker,

No embossing on this one, but it is the 10th such master Ink to be brought to the surface by me, I have 3 Staffords and have sold all of the carters which were Amber, Dark Green and a light Green apple coloration. The other 3 are a slick cobalt, clear and aqua one.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Nice finds, I dug a cobalt Stafford ink & a big Stoneware pottery Master Ink before. I don't dig to many cool inks in Michigan. LEON.

DanielinAk

Reaction score
I had a decent year of river diving for bottles, I found my usual assortment of clay pipes, marbles, coins and ammo. But this year netted some new bottles for me. Most notably I finally recovered a Warner's,
a Drakes (6-log) a couple of local druggists and a beautiful Master Ink.

That’s a stellar year in my eyes. Nice finds bud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RCO

Reaction score
its always interesting to find bottles underwater , I haven't really found that many truly old bottles over the years in the water here , most of the bottles I find are from 40's -60's era . this summer I did find a couple older bottles an olive green beer bottle and a Ross's Belfast bottle but it wouldn't be that common to find anything really old around here , the ross's was hidden in the sand , only a tiny part visible but enough for me to know it was an old bottle

olivebeerbottleLR.jpgbelfast2.jpg

coldwater diver

Reaction score
Hi Matt,
Nice finds but the year is not over the freshwater is only 39 degrees yet, you've got a good month and a half worth of diving to do! ;)
I really like the master inks especially the Keene (is it smooth or pontil?), and I've only ever found tantalizing shards of the Drakes. I will
be going all winter if you would like to go. Kevin

riverdiver

Reaction score
Hi Kevin,

I am looking at dry suits and FFM's so don't count me out, I might actually become a "coldest water" diver too!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora