271 year old barn burned down last night in Stratham Nh one of the oldest in the state

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ArmyDigger

Bottle digger, collector, and military historian
Reaction score
Found out today that the largest barn on the Scamman farm was destroyed by a fire that lasted from 10pm to 3am. The barn is one of the oldest in the state and was visited by president bush. when I was littler i used to go into the corn maze next to it. 300 chickens were killed in the fire but no other animals or people were hurt.

Attachments

• IMG_0643.PNG
    IMG_0643.PNG
    3.2 MB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0644.PNG
    IMG_0644.PNG
    6.6 MB · Views: 113

east texas terry

Reaction score
Found out today that the largest barn on the Scamman farm was destroyed by a fire that lasted from 10pm to 3am. The barn is one of the oldest in the state and was visited by president bush. when I was littler i used to go into the corn maze next to it. 300 chickens were killed in the fire but no other animals or people were hurt.
Two year ago when i was at the Bone Hunt. I had a day to kill i visited the barn what great lost to New Hampshire

Newfie treasure hunter

Reaction score
Oh my god! I hate when history is destroyed. That really sucks man....

RCO

Reaction score

there has been a fair number of barn fires in Ontario the last couple years , seems to be common now to here about them , there seems to be various reasons as to why they occur

around here is less and less old wooden barns , and some of the ones that remain are in poor shape . is one you can see from the main highway here , years ago it didn't look that bad but its aged poorly and I wouldn't be surprised if it has to come down in the next couple years

RCO

Reaction score
this barn exists not far from where I live , back in 2016 I went on the property to take pictures of it , not sure of its condition now , the house nearby also has new owners

the farm would of been originally settled around 1870's , so not sure how old this barn is or its exact year of construction but has an odd design

hughesfarm.jpg
hughesfarm3.jpg
hughesfarm5.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94