4 clear insulators and metal attachment found in woods

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
another bottle related item I found the other day was this metal part with 4 clear insulators attached to it , found it walking thru the woods when I took a short cut when leaving a dump site to reach road .

someone might of left it there but then never came back to get it ? was an old hydro line near there near an old highway

I took it home , not sure if its worth anything , insulators say " Armstrong " made in usa

20210504_150959.jpg

BillinMo

Reaction score
That's a carrier transposition bracket, used for high-frequency phone lines. The bracket allowed the lines to cross in an X pattern to avoid the "cross-talk" and other interference that can happen when phone wires are parallel to each other. It's not terribly valuable, maybe five dollars or so if you found someone interested in phone hardware.

RCO

Reaction score
That's a carrier transposition bracket, used for high-frequency phone lines. The bracket allowed the lines to cross in an X pattern to avoid the "cross-talk" and other interference that can happen when phone wires are parallel to each other. It's not terribly valuable, maybe five dollars or so if you found someone interested in phone hardware.

wouldn't surprise me there was an old phone line running thru there , used to be a highway and had hydro poles/lines thru there now .

didn't think it be worth much , wasn't sure if it had display use for insulators , you can attach them to it easily

Fenndango

Reaction score
I would have brought that home I never find those. Sometimes the newer lighter ones with plastic / rubber spools instead of threaded pins. Probe the ground with a pitchfork or even rake it with a steel rake.

Fenndango

Reaction score
There was a highway or old road, most of them had lines sometimes set back a little. You could try and follow the road at that distance and you might find more tramp brackets, then you would know where the pole holes were and where insulators should be

Fenndango

Reaction score
Is that an old rotted pole in the picture?

RCO

Reaction score
Is that an old rotted pole in the picture?

think that was a tree , there used to be an old road nearby , you can still walk thru or even drive a small vehicle on it

there is also a modern hydro line nearby , I've found the odd insulator in this area before but never really focused to much on trying to find them

Fenndango

Reaction score
I don't see a hydro communication line using tramps. they usually ran 2 wires. Sort of overkill. But I'm not an expert on the subject.

Fenndango

Reaction score
I spy a tramp on the tramp bracket

Fenndango

Reaction score
I don't see a hydro communication line using tramps. they usually ran 2 wires. Sort of overkill. But I'm not an expert on the subject.
Actually I stand corrected I recall one line with Locke 202s and another with Hemi 202s.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora