$40,000 Barrel for a $1 !!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

madman

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: bloodj2

Holy cow!! That's a good day by any measure. Maybe I need to hit up some thrift stores this weekend. :)
indeed you should!

bottlekid76

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: druggistnut

I spoke with a fella in Tennessee the other day. He picked up a Green iron pontiled barrel (only one he has ever heard of) from Memphis, at a flea market, for $2.00.
It DOES happen, I guess.
Bill

Bill,

Was that David Reed? He got a IP olive green Highlands from a guy who found it in TN for something like that. Must be the same bottle.

~Tim

truedigr

Reaction score
The story on the Highland is a gentleman went to an elderly woman's yard sale in Tn. She said her deceased husband found it many years ago. The woman had $5 on it. The man who bought it said he only had $2 and she said sold. This is the story Mike Cothern from thememphisdiggers.com told me. On his website, the man who found the bottle asked about it's rarity in the ask a question section. Probably have to go back 2 years. Robert

Lordbud

Reaction score
Around here, the good stuff goes out the back door of Goodwill and Salvation Army before any of the buying public ever gets to see it. Sold by the employees to their contacts. I haven't found anything of note at a thrift store in decades. The antique stores out here in California have plenty of nothing -- a careful browsing results in leaving empty handed.

jays emporium

Reaction score
As sparkling as that barrel is, it wouldn't be inconceivable for it to be placed among the Wheaton Fish and Horseshoe bitters and reproducition historical flasks by an uneducated bottle person.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac