'44 coca cola

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Newfie treasure hunter

Reaction score
A nice old coke I dug earlier this year in one of my main dumps. I don't it is very rare, but whatta ya'll think?
1622317645553-237220828.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Interesting, I think this is a British Coke. UGB was a UK bottle maker. Maybe that's where you guys were getting your Coke bottles from before you joined Canada, or maybe it was left behind by a ship in WWII? What sort of Coke bottles do you typically find from the pre-1949 years?

RCO

Reaction score
Interesting, I think this is a British Coke. UGB was a UK bottle maker. Maybe that's where you guys were getting your Coke bottles from before you joined Canada, or maybe it was left behind by a ship in WWII? What sort of Coke bottles do you typically find from the pre-1949 years?

the history of coca cola in Newfoundland is kind of odd , I'm not even sure if it had a bottler in the 40's or who its bottler was when it did have one

recall reading coca cola left newfoundland at some point in the 80's ? and now pepsi is the dominate bottler there .

although when I goggled it , says there is a coca cola bottling co in mount pearl ( st johns area ) so maybe it came back and is available now

Newfie treasure hunter

Reaction score
Usually just like that... never found any circle slugs or anything of that age around here. Mostly just those ones! I agree with the British guess. It was pre- confederation and that is where a lot of out shipments of goods came from.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Usually just like that... never found any circle slugs or anything of that age around here. Mostly just those ones! I agree with the British guess. It was pre- confederation and that is where a lot of out shipments of goods came from.
I was wondering specifically which glass companies were making them. The ones we get here were all (or mostly?) made by Dominion, apart from the occasional US one that ends up around here. Never seen a UK Coke before.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado