Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

5 gallon wide mouth jar

Glasslover88

Nov 17, 2020
5 gallon jar made by the owens illinois glass company can anybody tell me what's it's worth please

Attachments

Last edited:

nhpharm

Apr 24, 2007
What you pictured is not a Lightning jar...with respect to value, I think pretty minimal honestly. I had one I filled with seashells and it looks pretty cool so maybe you can find someone who wants to do something like that. The C-28 "Lightning" mold you have pictured on the computer screen is a 1/2 gallon Lightning closure jar, not a 5 gallon screwtop jar like photographed.

Glasslover88

Nov 17, 2020
What you pictured is not a Lightning jar...with respect to value, I think pretty minimal honestly. I had one I filled with seashells and it looks pretty cool so maybe you can find someone who wants to do something like that. The C-28 "Lightning" mold you have pictured on the computer screen is a 1/2 gallon Lightning closure jar, not a 5 gallon screwtop jar like photographed.
Hey thanks I'm pretty new at this and looking them up isint easy I have been been looking and thought I finnaly found it but you are right it does have a screw top I wish I could find out what it was I think it was a packer jar maybe like this one
Here are lightning jars. Putnam.
View attachment 214546
ROBBYBOBBY64.
Ok that's pretty awesome they look good I would love to find one with the lid still Attached how rare are they seem rare

ROBBYBOBBY64

Jan 11, 2020
New Jersey
Hey thanks I'm pretty new at this and looking them up isint easy I have been been looking and thought I finnaly found it but you are right it does have a screw top I wish I could find out what it was I think it was a packer jar maybe like this one

Ok that's pretty awesome they look good I would love to find one with the lid still Attached how rare are they seem rare
These lightning jar are for sale if you wish to cut to the chase... and not look for one.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaTay