50 + 1 State 1/2 ounce Pharmacy / Drug Store bottle collection

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

botlguy

Reaction score
Guys and gals, over the years I have taken delight in helping others add to their collections. I'm asking for help now.

I lack only 5 to complete my group as in the title. The + 1 is Washington D.C. which I recently added. I still need the following. I'll pay cash or offer generous trades.
Alaska
Hawaii
New Mexico
Rhode Island
Wyoming

The last three should not be that difficult, the first two tough and expensive. PLEASE help me out. I know I've missed some on eBay Buy it Now, too late.
Jim

botlguy

Reaction score
I am also looking to buy or trade for: One (1) ounce "Stand Up" (those that read normally while the bottle sits on its base) Pharmacy / Drug Store bottles from anywhere. The more ornate the better or with address are a premium.

If you need a visual of what I'm talking about I can provide that.
Jim

RCO

Reaction score
i've seen lots of Rhode Island bottles on here over the years ,that one should be fairly easy to find

Alaska due to its remote location and lack of development in those years might be fairly tough , I've seen hutch's posted on here before but not medical bottles

I'm not at all familiar with New Mexico bottles , it is a fairly large state so you'd think there would be some bottles from the larger cities

we rarely see any Hawaii bottles posted on here , not sure what exists from that area

hemihampton

Reaction score
1/2 ounce size sounds pretty small. How many inch's are these & do you have any pics of examples? LEON.

botlguy

Reaction score
I'm VERY happy to give a short dissertation on Drug Store / Pharmacy bottles, as I know them.
HALF  OZ TELL 01.jpgHALF  OZ TELL STAND UP 01.jpg2 OZ STAND UP.jpg
On the left are examples of a clear mark for amount = 1/2. Next are 2 more iv & SS, both being Half Ounce . Next is an example of what I call a "Stand Up" pharm, it happens to be a 2 ounce size that has the embossing painted. Some are unmarked with amount, but 1/2 oz are almost always three (3) inches or less tall. The tallest one (1) ounce I have is just under 4".

Thanks for your interest Leon, I'll be happy to share more of anyone is interested. Jim

1st 2 pix appear reversed in order

Last edited:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky