50+ years of privy digging

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Digswithstick

Reaction score
Thanks for letting me check those out in person! Marble collectors dream, amazing types and great condition . Privies protected them well.
Bet you have had more than a few messages and offers . Keep me on the list ! Saw the link to your pictures on a marble website as well.
Rick

Saturn Doll

Reaction score
I thought some of you "marble" people might enjoy seeing the results of digging early privies for over 50 years concentrating on civil war period and a little later, My wife's and my targets were bitters bottles and other bottles of that period acquiring quite an extensive collectionView attachment 202773View attachment 202774View attachment 202775. We did find marbles frequently and put them aside as many were beautifully made. We're now in our 80's and no longer able to dig but we proudly display these marbles. We don't follow the values of these early marbles but I would imagine some have considerable value. We separated them into what we believe are categories, i.e., hand made, transitional and clay/ceramic. I will later on post some pictures of bottles we've found.
Beautiful Collection -So Pretty! The clay ones remind me of the Planets in the Galaxy-Stunning!! Thanks So Much for Showing!! :)

Saturn Doll

Reaction score
Beautiful Collection of marbles!! The Clay ones remind me of the planets in the Galaxy-Little worlds! Stunning. Thank you So Much for Showing!! :)

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Robby, what display are you referring to? and what link in what marble site? I'm certainly missing something great here!
~Fred
Hey Fred, I dont know How This comment got on This post. I was commenting on a beautiful in the wall display Back lit with glass shelves. I think it was the insulator post. How it ended up here, i don't know. Sorry for the confusion buddy. ROBBYBOBBY64

Digswithstick

Reaction score
Marble site where link to this thread was posted is Marble Connection.
Another good marble site is All About Marbles

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora