6 1/2 oz. Whistle Soda Pop Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

EdsFinds

Reaction score
Okay. I was wandering around in the woods off the side of the road in my hometown, not really being too serious, but casually looking and I found this old Whistle soda bottle right on the surface of the ground, barely covered with pine needles! I did some research and I found that the WHISTLE bottling co. is from Missouri and operated in the 1930s.

Here's my question. How popular was this brand and when did the company stop producing soda (or if they are still making it)? Additionally, I seem to read on the net that this is a bit of a rare bottle/soda brand. Furthermore, since it was a company from Missouri, I'm thinking it is even more rare to find them here on the east coast in NJ?

Does anyone remember this soda? Any info is much appricated!

There are two numbers on the bottom of the bottle: 7 and 5(or a 2, 3, or 8, hard to see).

It is stated as Whistle Registered.

Attachments

• IMG_20210429_111220.jpg
    IMG_20210429_111220.jpg
    316.5 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_20210429_111311.jpg
    IMG_20210429_111311.jpg
    493.4 KB · Views: 100

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Whistle was a major brand in the US and Canada, I think the bottles are fairly common. It was only from Missouri in the sense that Coca Cola is from Atlanta. Not sure about NJ specifically but they're a fairly common find here in Canada. I don't know when exactly they stopped bottling Whistle but I think it lasted until at least the 60s.

EdsFinds

Reaction score
Thanks! I've never heard of or saw this particular brand of soda. I don't believe it was too popular here in NJ. It's funny how a big soda mfg. can be so popular in one area of the nation(s), and yet completely unheard of in others. I'm sure there are hundreds I have never heard of. That's just another thing that interests me with old bottles....the history is tied to our social geographic areas and can tell a story of their time. Like how an American Coke bottle made its way into Germany during WWII....and survived! LOL!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown