60's Bubble Up bottle with Tab cap

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tpetrich

Reaction score
Back in the 1960's my parents had a liquor store when I was in Jr High School. One day I came across this Bubble UP bottle, capped with a Tab cap. I believe both are Coka Cola products, so somehow some Tab caps must have gotten into the Bubble Up bottling line.

I've kept it all these years and recently stumbled across it while cleaning out a cabinet. I'm thinking of throwing it away, but thought I should see if it has any value as a collector's item.

Does anyone have any ideas/information regarding it?

Attachments

• Bubble Up.jpg
    Bubble Up.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 96

GRACE ABOUND

BIRD SWING
Reaction score
Welcome .;..The Name Bubble Up WAs First Registerd In !9!9 At That Time Bubble Up Was A Grape Drink Then In !937-38 It Was changed To A Lemon_ Lime Drink It Is Now Manufactored By Dads Root Beer .There Are Two Bottles On ETSY. One For Ten Dollars And One For Seventeen . For More History You Can Go To Google . Grace Abounds

Photon440

Reaction score
Having the wrong cap happened quite often, but having it end up leaving the bottling plant was rarer. I remember when working in the plant seeing a few, I snagged a Pepsi bottle with a beer cap (Labbatt's 50) and still have it. It wasn't a matter of similar products in the same factory, more like a mix-up from the supplier of the caps themself.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94