7up- 1953-1986 Canada

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
That's cool....my all French in marked Montreal.
So the phrase , "Le Breuvage Qui " Ravigote " basically translates to 'the drink that delights' or in another search it adds an r to the end and means ' to perk up'

makes sense there'd be an all French Montreal 7 up , bit of a surprise to find an all French Ottawa 7 up . bottles entirely French wouldn't be common to find from Ottawa , can't think of many if any , but doubtful this bottle used in Ottawa , likely bottled there but being sent to somewhere nearby that was largely French like Hull / Gatineau area

the city had some bilingual bottles ? feel like those would be more common than one entirely French

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Wow that's a great find! Definitely never seen that one before, I doubt it's at all common since even the English Ottawa bottles are pretty rare finds. It was a fairly common practice for companies in Montreal to have a bottle in each language if they had wide distribution, I suspect that each seller could request their preferred language so these may have been used in the French parts of Ottawa as well as on the Quebec side.

Canadacan

Reaction score
I picked up another 7up NDNR 28oz er, this one however is from Dominion glass also dated 1966.
At first glance it looks pretty close but the first obvious difference is the absence of the super fine ribs on the shoulder.
Second is the base, being marked Dominion glass and it lacks a serial # or folio #.
Third is the base size is wider and much straighter...it's approxemently 2 3/4 inches across vs the Consumers at 2 1/2 inches.
And fourth is the 'You like It - it Likes You' print is a tad larger and slightly stretched out which changes the vertical alignment of the letters.
Sorry my inner geek just came out!..lol

Dominion on the left
20200414_143536.jpg

Dominion on the bottom
20200414_143514.jpg

Dominion on the left
20200414_143601.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
though I'd include a picture of the early 60's era 7 up can I found the other day , this picture is from the day I found it , before it was lightly cleaned . is now some more white showing , with several rusty areas .

on back its marked Dominion Seven up co Toronto

I though the tents might push out a bit as they often do with newer cans but metal didn't seem to have much give with out risk of further damaging the can . but still a neat item to actually find in the wild

fallsdump5.jpg

JKL

Reaction score
I like finding the old cans. Amazing they survive outdoors like that.
I have a few various can is similar conditions. Great survivors. Thanks for sharing that.

Canadacan

Reaction score
I'm going to have to check my 10oz NDNR bottles to see is they have that fine ribbed shoulder.... or if I even have one made by Consumers Glass.

martyfoley

Reaction score
Canadacan, do you have a 16 ounce 7up bottle (1973) commemorating the Ohio State Buckeyes? I have one for sale. Just thought I would let you know.

Canadacan

Reaction score
Canadacan, do you have a 16 ounce 7up bottle (1973) commemorating the Ohio State Buckeyes? I have one for sale. Just thought I would let you know.
No I actually do not, but I only collect Canadian 7up items.....I do however collect USA Orange Crush! :)

RCO

Reaction score
saw this one online , it was mentioned in list but never posted a picture of it , also have a picture of a shield bottle from Saskatoon SK

this bottle is the swim version from Saskatoon Saskatchewan

Seven Up Bottling Co - Saskatoon Saskatchewan

saskatoon-7upN.jpg
saskatoon-7upN1.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
also found this picture of a shield bottle from Saskatoon in my pictures , not sure its been posted to this thread yet , didn't see it when I looked thru
saskatoon-7up.jpg

saskatoon-7up1.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown